Apps accessing memory of cmdagent

Ever since I’ve had CIS,starting with 3.8, I get D+ events saying that a few apps access memory with the target being cmdagent.exe. One of these apps is steam.exe and another is malwarebytes mbam.exe. Malwarebytes also shows memory access targeting cfp.exe. SuperAntiSpyware does the same thing. Is this coming from when the antimalware apps scan the processes in memory and are these normal log entries? Steam shouldn’t be scanning though, so I don’t understand why it shows up.

I guess it is just “improper” coding by the Steam devs.

Well, come to think of of it, steam does check for outdated video drivers and I seem to remember now that it also collects system information for use in possible error reports. I guess it does do a scan of sorts then.

Hi Dch48

Is this coming from when the antimalware apps scan the processes in memory and are these normal log entries? Steam shouldn't be scanning though, so I don't understand why it shows up.

Here:

https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_guides/troubleshooting_cis-t30083.0.html

Even Though it does not say why it happens, #9 problem gives you a solution.

It happens to me with several apps. I just ignore it.

Hope it helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks, I added the 3 apps to the exceptions for memory access and they don’t make log entries any more.

:-TU

You welcome