ApplicUnsaf.Win32.FraudTool.SpeedScan.~GGA@92493494

This flagged up earlier, and it Quarantined, thing is, cannot find more info on it etc, have Malwarebytes running as I speak/type.

Nothing comes up for it in google.

I searched with Speedscan and found a registry cleaning program at the 6th hit in Google. A cleaner that got flagged by an AV program got me a bit suspicious and launched a Google search with speedscan and rogue. There are clues it may be one of these fake (rogue) programs that either suggest they scan and find stuff or seriously,seriously underperform.

Best thing is to release it from quarantine and let Malwarebytes Antimalware and Super Antispyware scan it as well. They are known for doing a good job with detecting rogues.

Will release it and scan with Malwarebytes, forgot how to get SAS to work fully again as CIS don’t like it accessing CIS/Memory? Can you please remind me, it’s always best to do the scans in safe mode as well if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Restored the quarantined items, which the on-access detected and now running Malwarebytes. then will run SAS after, then turn off CIS AV whilst downloading and running A2 Squared?

PS- Really hope that the v4 AV lives upto the hype which has been given with the ‘acid cleaning’ :smiley:

To solve the memory access issue:

Select Defense+ -->Advanced → Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit → Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify → Add -->Now use Running Processes or Browse to point to the concerned file(s) .
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

Melih just spilled some beans on Acid cleaning and Behaviour Blocker. They will be introduced in 4.1.

Think was a bunch of FP’s as not shown again, and was submitted(well one of the variations) in the FP section.

Thanks for the replies though Eric :-TU