A. The bug/issue
- What you did: happens on my system WinXP SP3 installed on disk D:, installed GOM Media Player, started the player, it tried to connect to the internet, Comodo Firewall asked if it should allow the connection, I set it as allowed application and ticked the box to remember it
- What actually happened or you actually saw: firewall asked again if it should allow the connection and did not allow it, even if the application rule was listed as C:\2Progra~1\GomPlayer\Gom.exe
- What you expected to happen or see: No popups, connection allowed
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: repeated filling-in the popup again, firewall adds another line of “allow all connections” to the application rule, but the application is still blocked and pop-ups asking what to do keep appearing; added a “manual” application rule, listed as D:\Program Files\GomPlayer\Gom.exe, same behavior; several reboots; re-installation of the player; upgrade to newer version
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): GOM Media Player V 2.1.43 (Welcome GOM Player users - CNET Download)
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: when starting the GOM player, the application rule is never followed
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): happens also for older versions for GOM Player and CIS, for application GrLauncher.exe in the same directory, and “some” other applications, but I did not find any “rule” as to which application behaved in this way, is definitely connected with the system being installed on disk D:, my C: system has never had such problems
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots of the Defense plus Active Processes List (Required for all issues): Appended
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Not appended
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: Not Appended
- A CIS config report or file. Not appended.
- Crash or freeze dump file: Not appended
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version. Not appended.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.10.228257.2253, no AV, FireWall Config
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS: Yes
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: No
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+=Not Active, Sandbox=Not Active, Firewall=Safe (also for Clean PC, Learning regime)
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP, SP3, 32 bit, No Uac, Admin
- Other security and utility software currently installed: CAS only
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: not sure, but probably none
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):]
[attachment deleted by admin]