Application agent is not running! Diagnostic won't fix Help!

Hi, I have had this problem for about a month or two now at first i didnt see any real threat but recently i noticed my computer is slowing down, and every time im in a game i get an allow/block message pop up every 10 seconds.

I have been reading about it and i heard diagnostic fixes it but i run diagnostic, click accept to which my screen freezes and the only way to continue is go to end task manager, it runs says there is problems and a restart is required then when i go to click okay it wants me to send/dont send an error report…

I am running Vista, 32 bit, Also Firewall works fine on its own but together with the premium internet security this happens.

Please help :frowning:

Do you have other security programs running in the background? Please try disabling them and see if that brings a solution.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

Let us know whether the problem persists or not.

I’m having the same problem on 32-bit Vista SP-2.

Sometimes when I reboot, everything’s fine. And sometimes when I reboot, the little CIS icon in the system tray (or “Notification Area” as Microsoft now wants us to call it) has a yellow exclamation point in its lower-right corner; and when I fully open CIS, I get the notice that the application agent is not running.

In my case, the only previous anti-malware tool of CIS’s type which this computer has seen since 2007 is CIS. A copy of McAfee came with the computer as bloatware, but, believe me, I THOROUGHLY removed that the day I first started-up the computer.

I do use SuperAntiSpyware Pro, and have it running in the system tray, doing realtime monitoring. But the problem with application agent not running happens whether or not SuperAntiSpyware is allowed to auto-launch on Windows startup. In fact (I don’t know whether you know this, but), the folks as SuperAntiSpyware actually INTEND for people to use it in addition to (in concert with) CIS, and Norton, and McAfee, and Kaspersky, etc., etc. SuperAntiSpyware “plays nice” with all other anti-malware products. So it didn’t surprise me that disabling SuperAntiSpyware so that it would not auto-launch, at all, with Windows startup, made no difference to whether or not CIS’s application agent would or would not load at startup.

This is maddening, and I’m desperate for an answer. Is there someone… anyone… at Comodo who can address this?

Are you willing to test if the problem happens with SAS Pro uninstalled from your system?