APPCRASH cmdagent.exe

Well, perhaps if the first step didn’t work he could restore the system to a time before he install COMODO and then use the COMODO clean up tool to clean left overs

Additionally, when start the computer from the DVD, drive letters are completely converted.
That's what it does. I have a triple boot on three hard drives and 13 partitions. They are always scrambled when booting from DVD.
At first I thought that the problem is with the file Classpnp.sys or disks with letters, but disable the Comodo Internet Security Helper Service each time a 100% helps. I tried and Comodo Internet Security and Comodo Personal Firewall version 2011 5.3.181415.1237. On 32-bit system, everything was OK.
This surely points to a bug to me.
It takes two weeks already, I don't want to use another program, I want Comodo :) Please help me.

Sorry for my English, I use Google Translator :slight_smile:

Thanks

I am going to wait what Kail comes up with. He said he wants to do some checking himself. He also is on 64 bits Windows if I am not mistaken.

I think this could be worth a bug report.

Safe Mode - Windows 7 Safe Mode.
I don’t disable Defence+ .
Default Comodo settings.
My native language is polish :slight_smile:
I tried to disable other services in Windows and only Comodo Internet Service Secuirity problem resolved.

My computer config:
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K
Mobo: Asus P8P67
RAM: AData X-Series 1600 MHz CL7
Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti TwinFrozr II/OC

Maybe Comodo can not cooperate with some Intel, Asus or MSI driver? I don’t know :frowning:

Very thanks for trying to help. You are great :slight_smile:

Firstly, my apologies… I’ve been fairly busy with other Moderator duties & I didn’t realise that you had replied. :-[

Secondly, we do have a Polish language board on the forums and the Board Moderator (morphiusz) is a fairly knowledgeable guy. So, if you would feel more comfortable going through this issue in your native language, then that’s probably the place to start. :slight_smile:

In Windows Safe Mode CIS should be disabled. Only some drivers are loaded (but, not activate) & no CIS services should have been started. Can you confirm if disabling cmdagent.exe (CIS’ Helper Service) helped with the Windows Safe Mode boot issue?

Now, not being able to successfully boot into Safe Mode (with Windows hanging on the driver loads - is that correct?) is a usually a whole separate issue. Which, unfortunately, has many possible reasons. It also may or may not have anything to do with the Classpnp.sys driver itself (that can be a false lead). However, one of the common reasons is always a device driver conflict or a hardware problem. Do you have any non-standard, older or very new hardware connected/installed? Did you update any drivers or run Windows Update after installing W7?

For CIS not running properly (in normal boot) check the Windows Event logs. In most cases this type of thing is caused by a CIS driver failing to load or a service crashing at start… both of these events should be logged in the Windows Event logs.

“In Windows Safe Mode CIS should be disabled. Only some drivers are loaded (but, not activate) & no CIS services should have been started. Can you confirm if disabling cmdagent.exe (CIS’ Helper Service) helped with the Windows Safe Mode boot issue?”

I would have to install Comodo again in order to find out. I have to disable CIS 'Helper Service in the normal mode and then see if it is disabled in safe mode?

“Do you have any non-standard, older or very new hardware connected/installed? Did you update any drivers or run Windows Update after installing W7?”

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1, all available updates, the latest device drivers, but on the supplied CD was exactly the same problem. I check my HDD every day using SMART in HD Tune and shows no errors. From the moment when I uninstalled Comodo, everything works correctly, I play games, run benchmarks, benchmark results coincide with those from similar computers. Everything looks OK.

I really appreciate for Your help, thanks!
I hope we manage to solve the problem. I miss comodo and Defense +

Unless somebody comes up with another angle of troubleshooting using advanced tools as process monitor and alikes I suggest filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.