App allowed through without warning

I’ve just done a fresh Windows 10 install and installed the free Comodo firewall.

It’s set to safe mode. Create rules for safe applications is turned off. Do not show popup alerts is turned off.

I’ve just installed VLC - the full application installer version, not portable or Windows store version. On installation I did a check for updates and got a confirmation the app was up to date with no popup from Comodo.

Why was this allowed through? Obviously it’s a app that I trust, I just want to know why for when it’s an app that I maybe don’t trust so much.

Thank you

Please read the help documentation to understand how to configure the firewall for your needs. Also it does not matter what you trust when using safe mode, it only matters what Comodo deems safe/trusted, you must change the firewall to custom ruleset mode so that you can make all the decisions.

Thank you @futuretech but I did read the help documentation:

Safe Mode (Default): If Create rules for safe applications is enabled then the firewall automatically creates rules to allow traffic by applications certified as 'Safe' by Comodo. For new, unknown applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to access the network.