Anyone Interested in a Crash Dump? (v3.0.16.295 x32)

It was bound to happen. I’ve had at least one crash dump for every version of CFP I have tried. This time, CFP did not gracefully quit or give me an error report as was the case in previous versions, but it simply left the GUI there and would no longer respond. Eventually, the tray icon disappeared , but not the GUI. I tried logging off and on, but the GUI was still there with the hour-glass. The only alternative was to shutdown. At least before, I was able to restart CFP without shutting down.

It doesn’t seem like any of the previous dumps I have posted has helped anyone find this bug yet.

Al (one step forward two steps back) Adric

IBM T41 Laptop
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz
1GB Memory
Windows XP + SP2 + WUS security Fixes
Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

[attachment deleted by admin]

Are you going to setup a crashdump generation activity? ;D

I guess it would prove useful to mail those to cpfbugs[ at ]comodo.com

If the mail get rejected just try after few hours.

To be honest, I can do without such activities :slight_smile:

I’ve sent off an e-mail with the dump. Hopefully, it will not be rejected.

Al

I sent my shares too. I still get a cfp.exe crash sometimes when I use browse files… menu entries in comodo gui

Here’s another dump. I also sent it to cpfbugs[ at ]comodo.com. Comment in attachment explains what I was doing when the crash occurred. My feeling is that the GUI is crashing.

Al

Yep that’s exctly the crashdumps I sent before.

Just one question do you use DEP optout too?

My laptop HW does not support DEP. This is what the Option Page looks like. Looks like it is being enabled in boot.ini

Al

Well it’s DEP optout but I don’t know how much a MS software DEP will work. ???
I just found out that cfp submit and updater don’t crash on me if I disable DEP for them.
IIRC I made an attempt with CFP too but It didn’t work maybe it will work for you.

It just that I cannot constantly reproduce those crashes when I use CFP browse menu entries.
Anyway I got the idea that the menu entires that load non standard browse dialogs tend to crash more often tha the skinned but standard open dialog

OK I will will add cfp.exe to the optout list and see if it helps. I can’t remember the other two modules ever crashing on me, but there’s always a first time :slight_smile:

Al