Antivirus Scan is stuck

I’ve had this problem at least 5 times, where I have to uninstall the Comodo, use a registry cleaner, and try to reinstall it only to have the same error happen all over again.

[ol]- Whenever I scan, the scans seem stuck on initializing and won’t scan.

• Upon quitting, the scans simply will not quit and the buttons are greyed out. In the image, I’ve only waited a short time, but sometimes I can wait more than an hour and the scans still will be stuck. See the image below. Sometimes I wait an hour and nothing happens. Note how the buttons are greyed out and there’s nothing I can do.
    [li]Obviously I cannot do much. Task manager will not let me terminate and there’s no way to quit the processes.
  • The only way to quit the scans is to restart the computer.
    [list][li]BUT, when restarting, Comodo refuses to start again when I restart and Comodo has to be reinstalled.
  • The problem is that when it reinstalls, everything has to be done over again. The issue is I can never scan.
    [list][li]Using a registry cleaner does nothing either.

Really frustrated right now at this issue. The Rating scan seems to work ok, but as you can see the quick and full scan are both bugged.

I cannot activate warranty or anything else without the full scan of course completing.

I have no other AV software other than Comodo installed. [/list][/list][/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

It seems to be stuck terminating.

I was forced to restart.

Anyways, as you can see, Comodo Internet Security is not starting. Clicking on the app makes it not open.

Not sure if I should install this a sixth time.

I finally got an error, but the diagnostic told me there were no errors.

Please advise.

Does the problem also arise when running just Quick Scan or Full System Scan alone?

Is there a specific file where it gets stuck?

If you other security programs installed in the past please run clean up tools for them just to be sure there is not a left over driver or service causing this.

There is no particular file that it seems to get stuck at.

Also, this is a clean install so no previous firewalls or anti-virus software of any kind was ever used.

This looks like a bug to me. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.