AntiVirus installs fail on Windows 2003

When install the Antivirus on Windows 2003 on re-boot after install my system locks up and reports a service failure. The only way to get things back to normal is to boot in safe mode and turn off Comodo Antivirus service?

Is anyone else reported similar issues?

Event Log:
Product: Comodo AntiVirus 1.1 – Configuration failed.

Detection of product ‘{6617B209-C45E-4ED7-86A6-5055D17BFBEE}’, feature ‘DefaultFeature’ failed during request for component ‘{E79E3ED7-50A7-49F7-8C11-EF43F5650180}’

Faulting application IDriver.exe, version 7.7.0.262, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0002faf7.

Detection of product ‘{6617B209-C45E-4ED7-86A6-5055D17BFBEE}’, feature ‘DefaultFeature’, component ‘{43E97066-10EF-447E-A038-9BBD1EF0C941}’ failed. The resource 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\Quarantine' does not exist.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Comodo Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Using version 1.1

Thanks

I have a similar problem on 2003. I installed Comodo AV and it locked up the system. I rebooted and it locked up the system again - so I installed into safe mode and turned of On Access Scanner, but on reboot the system was locked for a third time. I had to use MSConfig to take out the startup item from the registry, reboot, and then uninstall CAV.

I re-installed Clam AV and that will have to do for now :frowning: I was really, really hoping I could use this whole Comodo suite! I like the firewall from what I see so far. If it’s really free, I’m hoping that it does not inundate me with advertisements like ZoneAlarm has done for so long.

I don’t have a solution for you guys on this issue, although it looks like the result of a previous or failed attempt at install, judging by the error message.

At any rate, the current Beta 2.x is much improved over 1.1. Less resource use, better stability, improved scanning, etc.

It is available only the forums, here: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6012.0.html. If you decide you’d like to try it, please read through the various aspects/issues that users have had, so that you will be prepared, as it is a Beta. A very stable Beta, but a Beta nonetheless (and again, improved over 1.1)

LM