Antivirus Files - Do not wish them iupdated

Hello guys,

Once you have solved my previous doubt, I decided to come back for more.

I am using Comodo Firewall, installed from C.I.S., and found its folder at C:\Program Files\COMODO\CIS has become too large. Presently it is around 270 MB.
The main cause seems to be AV (antivirus) database, what is to be expected once antiviruses use viruses signatures, that are always growing exponentialy, besides the heuristic algorithm.

Is there a way of:

1. Not downloading AV database updates when updating Firewall, or

2. If above option does not presently exist, how can I remove the AV software and database, if it is possible?

I read somewhere that the databases can be removed by deleting two files: one from repair folder (bases.cav) and another from scanner folder (bases.cav). I was able to remove the bases.cav from repair folder first, but not from scanners folder after. I remmember I got this information from a Comodo forum that I found through Google, but presently I am not finding it anymore.

PC info: Motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX1333, Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks,

Jose Pinho

Go to Start → Programs → Comodo → Comodo Internet Security → Uninstall or Upgrade.

Select Add/Remove and deselect the AV. This will uninstall the AV.

HeffeD,

Thanks for the hint, but it seems not to be working. Following suggested steps, when pressing Next button, with Antivirus unchecked, the dialog box just closes. No activity is shown. After reinitializing machine and checking the CIS folder at C:\Program files \COMODO the bases.cav is still present at scanners folder.

When installing Firewall from C.I.S. file, I did mark to install Firewall and Defense+, not the AV, and the COMODO Firewall Summary does not show AV installed.
It seems both bases.cav folders, at repair and scanners folders, are there just in case you change your mind and decide to install AV.

Any other suggestion?