Antivirus definition update fails even though I'm connected to the Internet

I’ve been using Comodo firewall for over a year and love it. I’ve been waiting for CAV to finally leave beta and when I saw that CIS was out, I updated from CFP 3.0 to CIS. I just tried running an AV scan and noticed that, when the update tried to run, it failed and said I should connect to the Internet. I am connected to the Internet (if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t be writing this post… :))

I tried several times manually updating the definitions. It failed with the same message each time. Is this a feature that isn’t working? How can I update the definitions? I use my computer for work so it must be as secure as possible. If I can’t update the definitions, I’ll have to go back to CFP and another AntiVirus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Clem

Possibly Try Diagnostics In the misc section of CIS

See if it comes up with anything.
Please report back soon :slight_smile:

CG

I’m also having that issue. But not the first time it happens. Diagnosts report everything fine.

Are you using a proxy server? That is currently giving problems.

I’m getting it more lately too, but when there is actually an update, it updates fine and other times is reports no updates are available like it should.

Yes, that is exactly what happens here.

Thanks everyone! As luck would have it, as soon as I posted this, I tried it again. It failed. Then I ran diagnostics and it found nothing. Then I ran it again and it said my definitions were up to date!

I don’t have a proxy. But perhaps it just says failed if there are no updates. I’ll report back if it changes.

Thanks again…

Clem

Follow the leads in this thread: https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_bugs/virus_database_question-t28762.0.html;msg210965#msg210965 .

Make sure that for the subkeys 1-4 or 1-5 the updater settings are proper.