Another difficult question and a surprising benefit of CTM

I use a sloppy program. The program is sloppy because it generates some random I/O operations.

To my surprise using it WITH Comodo Time Machine it performed BETTER.

I would have espected that the disk redirect of CTM would cause additional overhead. After thinking about it I think (so experts please comment) the following happens

Without CTM the random I/O is allways out of the disk buffers, causing the disk head to move to next tracks. With CTM the random I/O gets redirected, with the surprising benefit that the random sectors now are neatly stored besides each other. So the random reads which follow the random writes have a much greater chance to be cached by the disk buffer.

Could one of the experts comment on this

Hi FlyKite!

I want to upgrade to a newer client, but i can’t.

I can’t even use the program at the moment, and i really really need to restore earlier snapshot. would this file help me?

The message i’m getting is “Critical Error: A critical subsystem required for the proper functioning of the product is not active. This usually happens with an incomplete installation. Please re-install the product and try again.”

Thank you. my email is jon.paul.frank A T gmail - dot - com

Hi Kees1958:
About the problem as you mentioned: “Critical Error: A critical subsystem required for the proper functioning of the product is not active…”, usually there are two reasons.

1. You have multiple OS, and you did not complete installation on each system.
  2. There are some security tools prevent the installer of CTM to modify MBR.