Annoying screen gambol at Firewall Active Connections [NBZ]

The bug/issue

1. What you did: a.) I Use the browser and/or uTorrent with many(!) connections. b.) Open the Firewall Active Connections and selecting a row (blue loop at screenshot).
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: The FW Active Connections screen gambol up and down, therefore difficult visibility conditions. I know it goes back to the selected row but a quick jump, can not be to use it properly.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: N/A
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Can not be solved by the user.
  5. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link: N/A
  6. Any other information you think may help us: - YouTube

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: Attached
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: N/A
  3. A CIS config report or file: Attached
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: N/A

Your set-up

1. CIS version & configuration used: 5.0.x.1135, Internet Security config.
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version: Not imported.
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: D+=safe, FW=safe, Sandbox=enabled, AV=stateful.
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP, SP3, 32 bit, N/A, Admin account. .cfgx file attached.
  5. Other security and utility software running: No other security softwares. I do not use a virtual machine.
  6. CIS AV database version: 6530

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for the bug report. Much appreciated.

Before moving to format verified can you please supply this info.

1. Other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here. )

2. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):

Thank you
Dennis

Okay, I modified my post and attached config file.

Thanks moved to format verified.

Dennis

Having a intresting glitch/bug with the gui, just can’t take it anymore. It is hard to describe, but I will try. When I open one of comodo’s “list” windows, like the firewall or Defense + security and I start to scroll the window with my mouse it will continuously jump back to the part that was last clicked on.

The bug/issue

1. What you did: Used Comodo normally
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:jumps to last highlighted/clicked area
  3. What you expected to happen or see: It do the same
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: I have tried to reinstall CIS and Windows, didn’t help
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?: I am unaware if that is true.
  6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link: 5.0.163652.1142
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
  8. run CIS
  9. Go open any of Comodo’s floating windows
  10. Click middle of the page
  11. Start scrolling
  12. As you scroll you should see it jump back to the point you last highlighted.
  13. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):

Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:
    I can’t screenshot it, but I could make a video…maybe

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
    Product Version: 5.0.163652.1142
    VDV: 6906
    Configuration: Default
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: Yes and no
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:Yes
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:No, I never do
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:Yes
  4. Other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here. )
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: All are default of install
  6. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win XP SP 3, 32bit No UAC, Administrator
  7. Other security and utility software installed: Hijackthis
  8. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):I don’t use these, more hassle than they are worth

Hi bugman345 ,

That issue was discussed previously in the forum long …loooong… time ago :slight_smile: with previous versions

If you have a lot of policies – feeding the list is quite a time-consuming process since the data are read from the Registry
You have to be just patient :slight_smile: … at least with current implementation

So basically, that is not a “pure GUI bug” per se, as far as I can see it
In addition you have to consider that the details are prepared ( for every entry) in the background as well
You can check it – at that very moment when the slider “jumps back” as you pointed – you can hit (right-click on) any item already flashed into the list & those are ready for add/edit/remove

Well, what is a real GUI bug is: the developers did not care to set any “busy identification”
What I mean – the cursor stays as default instead of showing “busy state” (hourglass) as a standard.

Sure there are different techniques of implementing things like that, which is out of scope here
You can maintain “local list”, for example , but that require additional service. I have to stop here !ot! & should be discussed separately

You can check, for example how native MS Add/Remove works – the list will stay empty until all is prepared & flashed into the list. Depending on individual PC performance that can be really annoying as well, but if you would use the similar function in, say CCleaner – the list will appear almost instantly on the same computer
The list of installed Applications by Revo Uninstaller, will be much faster than MS native one , but slower than CCleaner’s… & so on

Cheers!

Thanks for an excellent bug report.

Moving to format verified. I’ll merge with an existing report if you don’t mind - just say if you think it’s different.

Best wishes

Mouse

Can I attatch video files here? I could record what it is doing with my webcam.

Ok nvm on the video file as vvo5 has done that for us, YES that is the EXACT bug I was talking about, omg I have had this problem for many a version now. It can be merged here. I would of appreciated being notified about the moving of my topic though as I had trouble finding it.

Are there any work arounds for this bug atm?

Hi Guys,

Any chance mods can explain why the above threads were merged?
What is the relevance? … uTorrent question & slowness of the Policies lists in bugman345’s request

I’m definitely missing something, but what?

As a matter of fact “FW Active Connections screen” is immediate (practically instant) on any PC any OS & any platform I was testing the product …
Please do not get me wrong. I’m not doubting the request by vv5204

Ok nvm on the video file as vvo5 has done that for us, YES that is the EXACT bug I was talking about, omg I have had this problem for many a version now.
Is there a video? (sure, no demands :) ) Yeah! that's an old one as posted above & there are solutions At the same time what is the OS & platform?. Sorry, if I haven't noticed that Have you tried on more contemporary ... say on several recent Quads it is still slower than it should be, but about 2 times faster than on Dual Core

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I wanted to edit the 1st part of my message above, cause that was not precisely correct,

but I cannot do that in this board for some reason, compare to other forums…
any ideas :o

Thanks

Thanks - just tell me what edits you want and I will do them, or alternatively I’ll transfer back briefly so you can do them.

Mouse

Thanks Mouse, I’ll PM

Ok to clarify the reason his and my posts were merged is because they are the same problem THE EXACT same.

I hadn’t known there was a listed problem like this so I posted mine, there was a already existing one so the mods moved it here WITHOUT telling me or letting me know >_> THANKFULLY I happened to find it.

I am just glad that I am not the only one having this problem and that it’s being fixed because its @#$@#$#@$ annoying. UPDATE: It only seems to do this on active connections and not the other windows, at least not yet…

Mouse are there any work arounds for the problme he and I are having, or is it just a we have to fix it error?

OH and yes this IS a gui bug.