Animated Themes No Longer Stay Animated

This may seem rather trivial, but nothing’s better than having a lovely animated browser theme twinkling in the background… mho. Anyway…

For some odd reason, the theme animation does not continue when browser is closed and reopened. Animation does remain in Firefox when Firefox is closed, then reopened.

Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it.

Have reinstalled Animated Theme (Animated Christmas in Fantasy Land

Comodo Dragon Version (Stable/Beta) e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.11 (Beta); e.g. Dragon 4.1.1.12 (Stable)

19.0.1.0 (Portable Edition)

Plugins/Themes installed in Comodo Dragon
Animated Christmas

Windows version (w/ 32 or 64-bit) e.g: Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit); Windows XP SP 3 (32-bit)

Windows XP 32 bit

System Drive where Windows is installed (e.g. C:\, "C" Drive  )

C Drive

Place (installation path) where Comodo Dragon is installed

C:\Program Files

User privileges (administrator, limited user, guest, etc.)

Administrator

If you have Google Chrome installed then please mention it's version and whether the same issue reproduces with it.

Google Chrome? Don’t think these animated themes work with Google Chrome

Thanks

Hello,

I believe you are referring to Comodo IceDragon.
Animated themes support has been removed from Firefox, meaning that the changes affect IceDragon as well (since it’s based on the Firefox architecture).

The Mozilla team suggested a workaround for making animated themes work, which is to install the Personas Shuffler add-on.
Here is the link to the Mozilla announcement: Improving performance with static themes | Mozilla Add-ons Community Blog and this is the link for Personas Shuffler: https://addons.mozilla.org/ro/firefox/addon/personas-shuffler/?src=search

Regards.

I agree, I have moved the topic to CID Help instead of CID bug reports as it appears to be by design.