An optn to set CIS to automatically purge HIPS/Firewall/Trusted Files [M911]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
Comodo Internet Security 7.0.312140.4101 RC

2. What actually happened or you saw
CIS collects entries for HIPS/Firewall/Trusted Files List etc and even when a file is removed the entry will still remain, you have the option of manually purging these entries but no option for CIS to purge it automatically.

3. What you wanted to happen or see
I would like to see an option (optional and disabled by default) that lets the user specify to automatically purge these lists with a certain interval (or if possible with an option to do it instantly as a file is removed)

4. Why you think it is desirable
Lots and lots of entries in these lists can slow down the performance of CIS (Information I’ve gotten on this forum) and hence it’s a good idea to purge the no longer existing files, additionally it makes the lists easier to user manually as they are less cluttered automatically.

5. Any other information
N/A

Voted. :-TU
Whether or not performance is affected I am not sure, but less clutter the better for sure.

Thanks for the wish.

No need to vote yet. There will soon be a sub-board where this will be moved to for voting. However, it does not exist yet, and after moving it there I will have to Reset the poll.

There is a new system which will be put in place soon. This will all be explained in greater detail soon.

Please let me know which version of CIS you are currently using. I just changed the format slightly as I realized that was missing, and want to make sure each post if complete before forwarding.

Thanks.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Replaced my vote. :-TU

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As there have been 20 or more votes, and more than 75% of those votes were positive, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

Not implemented in CIS 7.0.313494.4115 (I think, I didn’t really expect it to be though since it was released so soon)

Maybe in CIS 7.1…

Thank you for checking this. I have updated the tracker.

Not added in 7.0.315459.4132 (At least I can’t find any option like that)

Thanks for checking this. I’ve updated the tracker.

Also, as far as I know this has not been added. That’s why you can’t find an option.

I think this is a great idea and very useful to, but I think there should be a scheduler like option where you can set the periods you want it to purge, so can make it purge hourly, daily, weekly or monthly, maybe specify a day in the week, day/week in a month in which to purge, much like you can set scheduled AV scans for Quick scan and Full scan, but instead its purging the lists of files, hope this makes sense :slight_smile: