Allowing incoming connections

ok, i have 3 computers on my network, all of which have remote desktop accessible… my server, is .100, my laptop is .112, and my desktop is .107… i have remote desktop ports on each system set to 3389 - laptop, 3900 - server, 3901 - desktop, i have the ports properly configured in router, and all 3 systems work without firewalls, i have installed comodo on the server, and when i go to add rules, i cant get remote desktop to let me in from OUTSIDE of my LAN… i can get in from inside my lan just fine, but not from outside… i have tried all different types of rules that i can think of, and still nothing, i have prioritized them different… still nothing…
the way i have it now is…

source ip: any
local ip : .100 ( full server IP )
source port : 3900
local port : 3900

and it is not working!!!.. im kind of confused why its not working, but i have tried all sorts of variations of rules, and the firewall log is COMPLETELY empty…

im using windows pro x64 sp2… no other firewalls installed

Hi, I have the same thing as you micdawg. Did you resolve it? If so can you please tell me how?

I’m using pc as a webserver on :80 and I want to be able access from outside of network.
The only way this is possible is if i disable the comodo firewall (in cis 4.1.150349.920) altogether. And frankly, Sod that!

Can somebody please teach me how to allow connections to specific ports as none of the configurations I try seem to work :frowning:

At micdawg12. You probably have the local network made trusted. So when accessing from outside of your local network it won’t work.
At micdawg12 and Robbie. You will have to open a port in Global Rules to allow for incoming traffic.

Read the following tutorial I made. Substitute the port numbers and protocol for your situation.

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.