Allow Rules To Be Created For Files Directly From The Log [M534]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently CIS shows me the applications it blocked in the logs. However, I can’t set up a rule in the logs, only through the Sandboxed Apps list. However, because many apps crash due to being sandboxed, there’s often no time to setup a rule in time. For those cases one has to dig through the menus and the file folder and select an executable or else, one by one add them to the exceptions. It can be quite cumbersome.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Since the blocked intrusions log has the file path, why not allow users to set rules with ease right from those log entries. Users could right-click on the entry and create a rule from there.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This will make white-listing much less cumbersome. The user will be less annoyed with Comodo disrupting their work constantly and make them go through hoops to fix it.

4. Any other information:
Have a nice day :smiley:

This sounds like an interesting wish, and one which I believe a lot of other forum users may be interested in as well.

Please edit your first post such that it is in this format so that I can forward this to the Waiting Area for voting. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Done

Thank you. I made some edits to your first post, although you will see that I saved the original as a quoted copy in case it needs to be restored.

I wasn’t sure when I was reading through it, but it seemed you may have been asking for the ability to set rules directly from the logs, and also directly by right-clicking on the actual files, or folders, through Explorer. If you also wanted to submit a Wish for rule creation by right-clicking on individual files and folders please create a new Wish Request for that.

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

I understand the separation.

Probably 3 features then:

• Add rules in the logs
  • Add rules in Explorer menu to files/folders.
  • Make your own groups of rules that you can change.

I’ll change this one just to be about the first.

Will add the requests later. Cheers

Thank you. I added a poll, and made a slight change to the first post. If everything looks correct let me know and I will delete the quoted original and forward this for voting.

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

I would rather not move this Wish Request to the Waiting Area unless I knew for sure that probiner fully agrees with the changes. Thus, as there has been no response I will move this to Rejected.

probiner, if you look over the poll, and the changes to the first post, and agree please respond to this post and I will move this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay. Fire away :slight_smile:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.