Allow Automatic Script Execution using Apache, MySQL

I have Comodo Firewall 5.3.17657xx installed, and I have a development server setup running Apache and MySQL on my Windows 7 laptop.

I have the firewall and Defense+ in ‘Safe’ mode.

My problem is that I get prompted every time I access a new script via my browser when it needs to access Apache or MySQL, and when it needs to access both, I need to authorize it twice.

I like the ‘Safe’ setting for everything else, but I can’t figure out how to automatically allow Apache / MySQL for files in a specific directory. All my files are in c:\web\htdocs, and I scan regularly so I’m not overly concerned about the files being compromised.

Is there a way to keep the safe setting, but blanket allow my scripts to run?

If I need to clarify, or this is posts in the wrong forum, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

add the needed application in application rules and if you want to group them for better organization do it like this CIS → Defense+ → Computer Security Policy → Protected Files and Folders → Groups → Add → New Group…(give this group a name such as htdocs). Now click once on “add files here” and Add then Add → Select Fromand → Browse… and add find the wanted folder. Now you can add the made groups in application rules (CIS → firewall → Network Security Policy)

Regards,
Valentin N

Thank you – this was very helpful. I don’t think I ever would have figured things out without this.

I was mistaken before when I said it prompted twice for each new script – it was actually three times: once for Apache, MySQL, and Windows’ DNS / RPC Client Service. I can get past MySQL, and I figured out how to allow the DNS/RPC access automatically, but I’m still hanging on Apache.

I get this when trying to load a new script:

“httpd.exe is a safe application. However, the executable test35.htm could not be recognized. Please submit to Comodo for analysis.”

in the CIS > Defense+ > Computer Security Policy, I’ve added the ‘htdocs’ group (in the Defense+ rules) as trusted, a windows application, and under the custom settings, everything is checked as ‘allow’ except ‘Run an Executable’, which won’t allow me to allow it (only allow and block are available) – only ask.

I know you can’t see what I’m seeing, and maybe I’m not explaining this the best, but do you know of any way to allow files from this directory without changing my overall security settings? I create a lot of different files, and being prompted for every new file being accessed is a challenge that I can’t seem to overcome.

Thanks again for your help.

I am glad I can help :slight_smile:

try to add this group in exclusions of Execution Control Settings (CIS → D+ —> D+ settings —> Execution Control Settings —> Exclusions —> Browse)

Regards,
Valentin N

Try adding the htdocs folder to Trusted Files.