Allow allow allow allow allow allow allow allow allow allow FFS allow!!

I am heartily fedup to my back teeth with this software, for one main reason: it asks you AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN the same thing over and over and over and over and it’s driving me nuts!!

Theer must be a way to tell it look, this is adobe flash player, it’s a trusted app, you do NOT have to ask me everytime it wants to write to a protected key! I had to allow 31 times just to get flash player to work after an update. Please please someone tell me how you tell this dumb program that allow means allow!!

The other thing is I now have 25 internet connections because every time my modem starts, it forces me against my will to make a profile.
This is a massive program with so many options it’s not true, so I need help to find where to configure this.
Can anyone save my sanity!!

Greetings,

Have you tried to give the applications special rules like “Trusted Application”, “web browser” etc ?

Thanks,

Xan

The thing to realize here, is that it’s not asking about the same thing over and over. If you look at the actual alerts, it’s going to be asking about different registry keys. (In the case of registry keys, you may need to look 30 or so characters down the string to see an actual difference in the name of the key) An application may want access to 20 or more registry keys, so if you are merely clicking allow, you may need to approve access to many keys.

As eXPerience mentioned, if you trust the application, give it the “Trusted Application” rule on the first popup. (Make sure the “Remember…” box is ticked) This way, it won’t ask you about any of the remaining keys because you’ve told CIS that the application can do whatever it wants.

For the installation or upgrade of software there is the option “treat as Installer or Updater” that will cause all alerts to be suppressed for this specific installer. So if you start a setup.exe remember to select treat as installer or updater and uncheck “remember” that will do a silent install.

The other thing is I now have 25 internet connections because every time my modem starts, it forces me against my will to make a profile.
Go to Misc menu, settings, general and untick "automatic detection of private networks". That will no longer cause alerts for "new" networks.
This is a massive program with so many options it's not true, so I need help to find where to configure this. Can anyone save my sanity!!
Yes it has a lot of options, but also a very good help file, just click on the "what does this setting do" if you are wondering why things are going like that...

Hope this helps a bit

Hi,

One sugestion, or two:

Instead using IP’s for your network, type in your MAC address (xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx).
You can find your MAC this way: Start–>Run–>type “CMD” without quotes and hit Enter–>in the new black box opened, type “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter. Look for your Physical Address. That’s it.

This way, nevermind if your IP changes every time.

The other suggestion is to leave both FW and D+ in Training Mode for 1 day, IF you are sure that your PC is clean of nasties. Rules will be learned in silence…

See this sticky: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/an_approach_for_fewer_defense_alerts_max_security_with_zero_alerts-t37950.0.html

(:WIN) (:WAV)

Thanks for those helpful suggestions. I’d never found the training thing but hopefully I can quiet the thing now. Much appreciations