all configuration data gone [RESOLVED]

Hello,

I have a special problem. First of all I love Comodo Firewall.

My problem: I live in a country in Southeast Asia and sometimes we have problem with the electricity. What can happen is that if you switch off the lights then the computer will shut down straight ahead like the power went off. It wouldn’t be so disturbing, if not all configuration data of Comodo were gone. I have to start Comodo like I just installed it.
Is there anything what I can do or what I can back-up so that I only need to replace a folder or file?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi mark03, welcome to the forums.

Ouch, that does sound bad. Although not ideal, what you could do to reduce the impact is to periodically open CFP, go to the Miscellaneous tab - Manage My Configurations & Export the current configuration. Then, if you loose the configuration because of a power outage, you can Import what you most recently saved (Exported).

Actually, although I’ve not tested it, I’m surprised that CFP is loosing everything on a power outage… I would expect something to remain. Of course, the easiest thing to do would be to leave that light switch alone! :wink:

edit: Although I’ve never used one, a PSU (Power Surge Unit) might help… but, I suspect decent ones are expensive. Decent UPS (Uninterpretable Power Supplies) are very expensive. Perhaps somebody else knows more about these?

Hey guy,

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried it and hope it will help.

Have a nice day.
(:CLP)

Thread locked. If you need this topic reopened please PM myself or another Mod with a link to this thread.

Josh