Alerts issuing

How do you get Comodo to issue alerts. It is issuing none. I have the Firewall set to safe mode with create rules and ipv6 checked. Alert setting is at High with all boxes checked. Advanced is with all boxes checked. Defense is at paranoid with enable adaptive, create rules and enable enhanced checked. Execution control is enabled with all checked. Sandbox is enabled with all checked. Monitoring is all checked. More is set to proactive. Diagnostics says it did not find any problems. Also how do you stop Comodo from unchecking enable enhanced protection? Computer scans clean with Malwarebytes and Avast and all drivers are digitally signed. Thanks in advance.( PS: Windows placed Comodo in compatibility and Comodo crashed. I will try to send the crash file later) Ver 5.8…2131

How do you get Comodo to issue alerts.

Place the firewall in Custom Policy mode and make sure that

Firewall Behaviour Settings/Do not show popup alerts is unchecked.
Defence+/Defence+Settings/Do not show popup alerts is unchecked.

Also how do you stop Comodo from unchecking enable enhanced protection?

Can you describe what you’re seeing in more detail, please.

Windows placed Comodo in compatibility

Compatibility Mode? Which versions or Windows/CIS are you using as that should not be happening.

Win 7.1 pro all updates. It just gave the window that Comodo was placed in compatibility mode and then Comodo said it had to close because of an unknown bug. Both boxes that you referenced are always unchecked and I have changed from safe to custom as you requested, however, I always got alerts in safe mode with previous versions.

No idea why Compatibility mode was forced, but it shouldn’t have happened, perhaps your installation of CIS had some problems…

In ‘safe mode’ it will should prompt if the application is not on the TVL/safe list.

OK, I reinstalled win7.1 after using kill disk. Sfc /scannow is clean and all drivers are digitally signed. Comodo fw 5.8………2131 loads and I configure it with parental PW and set fw behavior to Custom. Advanced is all checked. Defence is enabled enhanced protection checked. Computer scans clean. I reboot and Comodo has all of its settings changed. No warnings are issued and I still need pw to get to settings. I try to go to Comodo site and it is blocked access to support forums on that computer only. How do I fix this? (Diagnostics says all is good) Thanks.

Can you be more specific when you say “Comodo has all of its settings changed”. Could you also post screen-shots of your firewall/D+ settings, firewall application rules and any log entries for both.

I can get to the forum with more browse, but it will not let me sign in. IE9 still blocks forum and it blocks download from Malwarebytes.com. It allows download from Avast.
Defense+ is paranoid with create rules and enable enhanced checked. Execution control is treat unrec as partial. Do heu and detect shell checked. Sandbox is Enable file, enable regist, show notifications checked. Monitor settings all checked. Network security policy is default.
By all of its settings changed I mean that advanced gets unchecked with alerts set to very low, (down from high) and I do not remember the rest.

If you can browse to some sites but not others, it’s unlikely to be anything to do with CIS, unless the forums you can’t access have either been manually blocked, or they use non-standard ports, which your rules don’t allow. What are your firewall application rules for your browsers? (screen-shot)

By all of its settings changed I mean that advanced gets unchecked with alerts set to very low, (down from high) and I do not remember the rest.

You’re referring to the Firewall/Firewall Behaviour settings/Alert Settings? If I understand, you’re saying you set these to high/very high, then when you reboot they change themselves to low?

You’re referring to the Firewall/Firewall Behaviour settings/Alert Settings? If I understand, you’re saying you set these to high/very high, then when you reboot they change themselves to low? YES.

It will not allow me to sign into the forum, so I can not give screen shots.

Firefox allows d/l of malwarebytes and scan clean. IE9 is default settings and firewall detection rules are default.
Just remembered that proactive security gets changed to firewall security and not back to the default internet security .

OK, FireFox let me into forum. 3 screen shots

[attachment deleted by admin]

As I said, not being able to sign in to a forum is a problem with your browser(s), cookies perhaps.

Just remembered that proactive security gets changed to firewall security and not back to the default internet security .

This is something I’ve never seen or heard of. Just to clarify:

1. You go to More/Manage My Configurations?
  2. Select Proactive Security?
  3. Select Activate?
  4. Restart if asked?
  5. After reboot the configuration has not changed?

I can’t see your rules completely but you have blocked something in IE. The default rules are normal and the Global rules are those for Internet Security or if you’ve run stealth ports wizard. The network zones are also normal.

I LEFT ALL NETWORK SEC POL APP RULES AT DEFAULT. IF THEY WERE CHANGED, COMODO CHANGED THEM. How should I change them? I have never touched them before.
The configuration is set to Proactive

[attachment deleted by admin]

From your earlier post:

OK, I reinstalled win7.1 after using kill disk. Sfc /scannow is clean and all drivers are digitally signed. Comodo fw 5.8………2131 loads and I configure it with parental PW and set fw behavior to Custom. Advanced is all checked.

The firewall rules, apart from the block on IE, which is probably the result of an incorrectly answered alert, in your screen-shot are normal for the settings you’ve chosen. The allow rules for firefox and IE, allow all HTTP requests through the Avast proxy TCP port 12080 and the other two rules for firefox are probably loopback.

I’m not really sure what the problem is?

Well that makes 2 of us. I am double checking everything to make sure of a good original install. Apparently something went wrong right after I installed Comodo. This is very consistent with 2 test computers and at least 3 complete installs of Win 7.1. On both computers and all 3 complete installs Comodo gets its protected settings changed. This is the first time it changed the IE9 settings. (Thanks for the help there I changed it back and it works) I went right from the settings to Comodo forum, so there is little likelihood that a screen alert changed something, especially since alerts for months have never changed it before. I visited Avast, Comodo and Win update only before Comodo changed behavior settings, so ARE WE reasonably assured it is not an attack of some kind??? The Router says it has blocked numerous attacks successfully during and just before the reload of Win/Comodo. Router was not attached to the computer until I needed the updates after I applied 7.1 service pack from disk. The Win 7.1 loads are fairly good, but it went back to not reading PNG files after connect to the net on 2 of the 4 screens. It also says Avast is not installed on one of the computers, but it is. Other than that it seems to be working well. Thanks.

With the exception of the blocked IE port, which I’m pretty sure is the result of an incorrectly answered alert, there’s nothing wrong with your settings, at least those I’ve seen.

If you set the firewall behaviour settings to custom policy mode, which from your post, you have, you will get alerts. The result of answering those alerts will be the rules. The amount of detail in a rule is controlled by the Alert frequency setting, also in firewall behaviour settings.

I’m really not sure I understand what you believe to be wrong?

Radaghast, you are a genius as compared to my knowledge of firewalls etc. I do not have the knowledge to believe anything in this area. I just wanted some expert input into solving a consistent unsolvable install problem with Comodo. Just trying to give you all the facts. Thanks. (I change the Comodo settings back and watch them. They have changed again, but very rarely and only after a reboot.)