Alerts driving me crazy [RESOLVED]

Hi

I’ve been using Comodo for a while now and everything was fine. But now Comodo keeps displaying alerts for applications connecting to the internet every 2-5 seconds. I checked the “Remember my answer for this application” box but it keeps displaying alerts. Security is set to “low”.
I don’t want to reinstall Comodo and have to do all the settings again but theses alerts are really driving me crazy!!!

Hope someone can help me.

NoName

PS: As I wrote this text Comodo displayed about 30 alerts (didn’t count them, though).

G’day,

Can you please export your logs and attach them to a reply post here.

Thanks in advance,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Ok, attached the log file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

from your logs, it looks like your application monitor rules aren’t working correctly.

First, can you reboot your PC and make sure that Skype, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Widgets aren’t running (even if minimized to the system tray). You may need to use Task Manager to kill their processes if they are.

Then, can you check through your Application Monitor listings for rules relating to Skype, MSN Messenger and Yahoo Widgets. Delete these rules.

Then run each of these applications separately, but only once, starting them the normal way that you do (either through a desktop shortcut or from the start menu). You should only receive one prompt if your alert level is set to LOW. Make sure that REMEMBER is selected. Once an application has started and you have responded to the firewall prompt, end that application and go on to the next one.

Once you have started and responded to each application and its associated firewall dialogues, reboot your PC (this is just to make certain that the revised rule set is read).

Let us know how this works out.

Cheers,

thank you…that did it for me :BNC

Glad to hear it all 100% now.

I’ll lock this topic, but if you need it reopend, PM me or one of the other mods.

Cheers,