Alerts disappear instantly due to audio driver, codec [M1602]

Same problem here first on win 8.1 now also on Win 10.

Any solution so far?

What I already did:

1-uninstall
2-Comodo cleanup
3- used regcleaners
4-mauanly removed some comodo leftovers.
5-reinstalled

The popus for firewall al only visable for 0.5 sec and then automaticly disappear.

I using latest version of CIS
HIPS popups are not showing at all. But I see CIS blocked them.

Thanks for any solution

On build 8.2.0.4591 here, issue definitely ISN’T fixed. I’m getting the exact same symptoms as you. Strangely enough, on my desktop I don’t have this issue at all running the same CIS version and the same version of Windows 10 Pro (x64).

Very irritating as I can’t respond to alerts :frowning:

Same bug here after installation of win10.

I had exact same problem. I disabled Windows Firewall and problem gone. Try that, I hope this works for you, too. :slight_smile:

Didn’t help for me :frowning: Also I’m running win10 and I’ve tried reinstalling (including by revo) with no result. Comodo please help us, almost all of my apps (including eclipse android stuff) is getting blocked. Also if I click on tray icon and select “Exit” nothing happens. Version 8.2.0.4674

Running v8.2.0.4674 on three pcs, all 3 are new installs of windows and comodo (not upgrades), all with windows firewall disabled.
Windows 7 Pro x64 is working fine, both Windows 10 Enterprise x64 have problems with the first comodo alert disappearing instantly and no further alerts until the pc is restarted.

One windows 10 has avast anti virus, the other has no anti-virus software.

Running firewall diagnostics option corrupts the cmdagent registry key and the software needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get it running again.

It is very problematic when there are no alerts and software such as background services are failing to work correctly without any warning from the firewall and may not see anything in the log file.

After struggling with this problem for weeks I have just figured it out. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The problem (at least for me) was caused by comodo crashing when trying to play an alert sound.
Turning off “Play sound when an alert is shown” and restarting the pc fixed the problem.

Further testing revealed that the problem was due to having installed “Lame ACM MP3 Codec” on the pc, although this did not cause a problem on Windows 7.

Very happy to have alerts working again.

It works! THANK YOU MAN! Huge ■■■■ for you! :-TU

Me too! And just because of your help. Great Job, thanks!

Comodo, you know now what to do…there are lots of users with this problem.

Since we havent heard from the OP im assuming the newest version of CIS has fixed the problem. If this is not the case please respond and we will continue processing this bug report. I will now move this to resolved.

Thanks

Replicated with version <8.2.0.4703>. I will report it soon.

Thank you.

Like the title says, Comodo is working fine, but any notification (firewall rule, virus detected, etc.) shows up only for a fraction of a second, then disappears. This means I am unable to react to virus messages, set firewall rules (except directly in the firewall options menu) or change any setting which requires a confirmation (disable firewall/AV, etc.).

This is happening on a fresh install of win 10 with a fresh install of CIS (latest). I tired reinstalling CIS (removing any remaining files), I checked the “quiet hours” and it’s set to off.
There is nothing else I can do on my end. The rest of the system works flawlessly, so I’m pretty sure it’s a CIS/win10 compatibility problem. Also, it worked fine on Win7 for years on the same system.

Any help is appreciated.

As a work-around, right-click “volume” icon from taskbar ~ select “Open Volume Mixer” or something like that ~ Disable sounds for CIS. Restart system.

Thanks. Didn’t find it in the Volume mixer, but I disabled notification sounds in the CIS preferences, and it works now.
I assume this is a known bug? Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Thanks again.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Always!
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:Try to change “antivirus mode” to “disabled”
2:Try to change “firewall mode” to “disabled”
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
nothing! changes are not saved
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
mode should change
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
?
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
?
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
?

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS 8.2.0.4979
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Antivirus + Firewall + Virusscope
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
No
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
I have tried a clean install, also used 3rd party “Uninstaller Tool” found on the forum.
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
-
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 10 64 bit /UAC default, Admin account (default)
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=none b=none

[attachment deleted by admin]

Try to uninstall ‘Actual Window Manager’ and check again after a system restart.

Thanks.

You need to give me more then that. Like a reason for one…

Well. It’s temporary.

what kind of advice is that? its time consuming uninstalling things…its been working before. and AWM has not been updated only CIS has. it would be appreciated if you could tell me what your thinking. why it might mess with CIS when it haven’t done that before…give me something.

At first sight, it seems to be related to either vorbis.acm or aimemb64.dll from your diagnostics report.