Alert window hidden [Resolved]

Friends

I have this happen to me quite often and it is annoying:
(WinXP Pro, Latest Comodo Firewall)

I open Firefox or Thunderbird, and work with them. Then suddenly it seems like those programs have stopped responding. Then what I do is to close them, but at that time I find that the culprit is indeed Comodo Firewall! It has an alert window open, waiting for me to click Allow, but it is hidden behind the Firefox (or Thunderbird) window, so I am not aware of it having popped up!

That is very annoying. What can be done to prevent this? I would assume that the Comodo Firewall alert should pop up on top of the other windows and not behind them.

Is there a way for me to get to the alert without closing the FF or TB or whatever program causes the alert? That would at least help me so I would not need to close the whole program down.

Thank you for an otherwise nice program.

Calle2006

yes, minimize the active window instead of closing it

Hi calle (:WAV)

gordon is right by minimizing it, but that doesn’t seem to be the solution as to why comodo’s alert window is in the background?

I use FF and my alerts allways are in front of the browser page, maybe u should try to uninstall, reboot,install, update then reboot again to see if this eleviates the problem.

If once u have done this and the problem persists, then i would try and speak to a moderator to clarify this!

p.s what comodo firewall are you using? 2.4?

Hope this helps ;D
Novie

I’m only aware of alerts appearing behind the active window on things like full-screen games…

Did you have any active security software (AV, antispyware, HIPS, registry protection, etc) running when you installed CFP? This is the most common cause of problems; all these should be disabled temporarily while installing the firewall.

Also, have you filed a ticket with Support? http://support.comodo.com/

LM

Thanks to all for your help.

I do see the usefulness of minimizing the Comodo instead of clicking the X, but I do not think that is a long-time solution to the problem.

Yes, I have these security programs running, but I am not sure whether or not they were active when I installed Comodo:
AVG Pro SoHo version
ProSecurity
ComodoBoClean

I will un-install and then re-install Comodo Firewall and let you all know if that helped.
Yes, I was using the latest Comodo Firewall version.

Ok, I removed Comodo and re-installed it, and it seems to have done the trick.
I did save the settings using the script I found on this forum but did not use the registry file it created. I thought it is better to start from scratch in case some of the rules have problems.

Thanks
Calle

Great, Calle2006; I’m glad that did the trick. I’ll mark the topic as Resolved and close it. If the problem continues or reappears, just PM a Moderator (please include a link) and we’ll be glad to reopen the thread.

LM