alcxsens.sys identified as Heur.Pck.tElock

Hi,

I had a problem with an earlier version of CIS saying “the virus database is not updated” and/or “the AV engine is not started,” so I updated to the latest version 3.8.65951.477 db version 1039, heuristic scan set to “low,” and started to scan the main drive and the “restoral” drive setup by Gateway yesterday, 3/09/09. The Heur.Pck.tElock popped up several times, with different files, all of which had been on the PC for months to even years without incident. I submitted the files to Virustotal, and they were all OK. What was very strange to me was that on the analysis of the alcxsens.sys driver (a Sensaura WDM 3D Audio Driver) showed that Comodo had no problem with the file, yet my installation flags it as an error.

I’ll email this report as well.

Wrapper

Hi wrapper,

FP has fixed.Please confirm with our latest Updated base.

Thanks for Reporting.

Thanks and Regards,
Suresh.

I have a very similar problem. Files that have been on my PC for ages are showing exactly the same message during a scan. VirusTotal did have a couple of reservations, but Comodo was not one of them. But like the OP, CIS is returning a positive when I scan and also when I tried to send to VirusTotal.

I have attached VRST’s report.

Thanks for any advice.

Nick

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi RealOldNick,

We had got this FP earlier and got it fixed. Can you please submit your file so that we can have a look into it.
For more info on submission of files, please check this link
https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/how_to_report_false_positivessuspicious_files_how_to_submit_them-t36051.0.html

Regards,
Sriram.P

Thanks for the reply. I will submit the file.

Nick

ummm…the trouble is that CIS is so vociferous about protecting I can’t even land on the filename, let alone zip it! I mean it’s being a great watchdog, but ???

Nick

Hi RealOldNick,

You can add the file to exclusion list and send the file to us
A File can be added to exclusion by
1.Launch CIS and navigate to Antivirus → Scanner settings-> Exclusions
2.Click ‘Add’-> Select → Browse ->select the corresponding file and add it to the exlusion list
3.Click ‘Apply’

Now you can zip and submit the specified file.

To include back the file from exclusion,

1. Launch CIS and navigate to Antivirus → Scanner settings-> Exclusions
  2. Highlight the corresponding file from the exlclusion list and click Remove
  3. Click Apply

Regards,
Sriram.P

Thanks for that.

Rats! I was just coming back to save you the trouble.

Funny story. To see what would happen, I reinstalled AVAST, and it discovered a trojan in one of Comodo’s files and disabled CIS’s Virus section! ;D

I am pretty sure that was just a case of two AV’s running together. I actually scanned the CIS “trojan” file using AVAST and it came up clean. file name was heur.cav under CIS

However, it left mew able to zip up the suspect files and send them.

AVAST finds nothing in either of the two files I have sent.

Nick

I have CIS v. 3.8.65951.477, db version 1117, and it’s also flagging alcxsens.sys as being infected by heur.pck.telock, even though it’s been there a long time. It started a few weeks ago. Doesn’t happen every time I reboot, just sometimes. Never detects it when I actively scan the file in question. Last time the popup happened I tried the option to add it to a Safe List (sorry don’t remember the exact words). Today when I logged in I got it again, so I tried the other option of Adding to Exclusions. I also had reinstalled the driver after the initial detection, since I let CIS remove the file and only later (when my sound stopped working) discovered it was my sound driver. Should I send this file?

Hi mlindy,

Can you please submit the file so that we can look into the issue,
For more info on submission of files, please check this link
https://forums.comodo.com/false_positivenegative_reporting_is_this_a_malware_that_cis_hasnot_detected/how_to_report_false_positivessuspicious_files_how_to_submit_them-t36051.0.html

Regards,
Sriram.P

Hi mlindy,

Thank you for submitting the file, We have identified the false positive and fixed it. Please update your antivirus and confirm it.

Regards,
Sriram.P