Alcohol 120% doesn't work with Comodo

Hi All,

I’ve been a user of Comodo products for a few years now but for the first time I have tried to install any on a machine with Alcohol 120% on it.

My installation of Alcohol 120% was working fine before installing. As soon as I install CIS (firewall and antivirus with defender) Alcohol 120% ceases to work. I use Alcohol to create virtual drives which I then mount disk images onto (I always lose/scratch CDs/DVDs).

Alcohol 120% will still start but only after giving the following error:
“Loading Alcohol device drivers failed!
Emulation options and native driver interface of Alcohol will not be available”

Here are some of the things I have tried:
If I uninstall CIS, Alcohol starts to work again.
Disabling Firewall does not fix the issue.
Disabling Antivirus does not fix the issue.
Disabling Defence+ does not fix the issue.
Adding the all the Alcohol 120% executables to the trusted program list doesn’t help.

I have checked Alcohol-Softs own website and followed their instructions for resolving this issue under all known circumstances (including un-installing everything and installing everything and installing the latest SPTD (SCSI Pass-Through Direct)). This did not help

If I try installing Comodo first and then Alcohol 120%, Alcohol will not install at all.

I’m at my wit’s end trying to fix this. If anyone has any ideas what else I can do, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated! I use this machine and these software packages for running my own business so I’m under no little time pressure.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Kind regards,
Rob.

Welcome to the forum Rob :slight_smile:

Please read here
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/conflict-with-alcohol-52120-t63428.0.html;msg447385#msg447385

and here https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/defense-causes-problems-with-alcohol-120-resolved-t62745.0.html;msg443070#msg443070

Thank you

Dennis

Thanks Dennis2!

I hadn’t seen those. Adding all the Alcohol Executables to the Defence+ exclusion list has worked perfectly!

Your welcome glad it solved your problem :slight_smile:

Thank for posting.

Dennis