Again GAMEGUARD problem, but only with 3.9.81003.508

You destroy pice by piece good games by adverse interract with other security programs. Gameguar version is the same abot half past year and works perfect with precedent versions of CIS, until now. Lineage2 and other games crashed and all aplications that are conneccted in that moment on the internet, with Defense+ activated.

The story is repeated and i am sick about that. >:(

This faults has ocured in the moment i started l2.exe, all in the same time:

From Administrative events:

??\E:\Games\L2 Gracia\L2 Gracia\System\GameGuard\dump_wmimmc.s has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

Faulting application l2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49a39d91, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003c8e8, process id 0xf8c, application start time 0x01c9d4c23b3352d2.

Faulting application googletalk.exe, version 1.0.0.104, time stamp 0x45997b3a, faulting module npggNT.des, version 2008.10.30.1, time stamp 0x490a9a01, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000111d, process id 0xf70, application start time 0x01c9d4b3b18d9802.

Faulting application YahooMessenger.exe, version 9.0.0.2136, time stamp 0x499f2c7f, faulting module npggNT.des, version 2008.10.30.1, time stamp 0x490a9a01, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000111d, process id 0xa6c, application start time 0x01c9d4bd36b8e082.

After permanently disabled D+ everything works normally.

try putting d+ in training mode and then execute gameguard. Once it has learned the rules you can set d+ back to normal

Ha ha ha - old stories. It’s not working that easy - that’s the problem. It’ not learning everything because the problem is the incompatibility between Defense + drivers and Gameguard Drivers. Last year this incompatibility generates BSODS. After that, gameguard update their software and everithing went to normal… But now is the same version that worked with.477 and RC1 and RC2. Doesn’t mtter that i put D+ in learning mode - in the moment i start l2.exe , every aplication tht is connected on the internet is crashing togehther with l2.exe and gameguard on top…

contact them about their drivers, they should fix them…

The only change in the scene is CIS. Other players is the same…

no I mean contact to see if they can make their drivers compatible. I have never had a problem with comodo like this and I have tons of weird software.

Gameguard is known well by the incompatibility with other security software. It functioning like a rootkit… And a lot of big MMORPG games use this bad security software…

When setting to training mode (for games), Firewall also needs to be placed in Training mode (especially since it is a network connection you are trying to establish).

Both are in training mode. No matters…

Check if there are any files in My Pending Files if they are from GAMEGUARD move them to safe files.

Also remove any rules in both Defense+ and Firewall prior to placing CIS in Training mode.

As I don’t have gameguard on my system I don’t know if the following test could be of help.

Will cmdagent.exe termination using Defense+ Tasks > Common Tasks >View Active Process List be able to workaround l2.exe crash ?
After testing this it would be possible to run services.msc to find an restart COMODO Internet Security Helper Service (cmdagent.exe ).

If the above test will not work maybe Defense+ Tasks > Advanced >Defense+ Settings >Deactivate Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart) will.

Although the wikipedia article about gameguard addresses it with an allround perspective it does not provide a good impression whereas it acknowledge gameguard as incompatibe but also points out that it can be bypassed.

http://fyyre.ivory-tower.de/images/bsod.jpg

May be there is something else playing a role as well. What other programs are running on your system of which you think they may play a role?

I am not using game guard or similar programs so I am starting from scratch and just wondering.

no problem.

GameGuard Module ver 2009.3.19.1
xp sp3 All Application Hardware-DEP Protection (/noexecute=optout)
CFP ver 3.9.81003.508
Firewall Custom Policy Mode, Defense+ Paranoid Mode, Buffer over flow protection

[attachment deleted by admin]

I installed CIS from scratch and i put from begining D= and firewall in learning mode. No other new aplication i installed in last two weeks when i played lineage 2 last time. Now the only solution to problem is to disable D+ permanently , but i dont like this situations, because from my computer , i made some money transaction from time to time , and i need D+ activated all the time…

maybe Gameguard is not running right if you installed Comodo from scratch and did you clean out the registry before you reinstalled Comodo ? and I would probably clean out it too before reinstalling Gameguard too I that can help too use like Comodo system cleaner

Turn Comodo to training mode is a good idea for this.
But a stupid GameGuard always confilct by security software.
Gameguard used a non executable file to launch (.des files) you should add to safe file (If it can)

Note: Comdo should add Gameguard to white list as soon as possible.
Ps.I have a bias with all gameguard type and brands. it’s didn’t make me feeling safe anymore !

What version of gameguard is being used by your game?
I had problems with GG too, but after the latest updates of both GG (rev 1314) and CIS (3.9 508) they seem fixed. Also see my topic about that here:
https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/gameguard_and_comodo-t35104.0.html

I don’t have time to see version number because he crashed too fast, and after that l2.exe crashed and any program messenger like yahoo, google talk and skype crashed. And i don’t want to disable D+ anymore because i need to protect me. And I don’t trust any other security aplication when i pay my phone invoice for example, via online transaction…

I think, i found the problem. Everything is show in this screenshot…

GameMon.des is trying to acces cmdagent.exe in memory. Probably cmdagent.exe refuses and everything is down. It seems that comodo has stronger protection now, maybe too much stronger…

[attachment deleted by admin]