After Installing Comodo I Cannot Get Online

I’m currently writing this from a different computer as I can’t get online on mine at the moment.

I’m using Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. After installing the most recent version of Comodo Internet Security (I finally got around to reinstalling it after several months) I can’t get online at all. I’ve never had these problems with Comodo before, so I can’t even begin to imagine what’s causing it.

I checked my Windows Event Viewer and found a few odd things relating to system services. They are as follows:

The Windows Update service has terminated with the following error:
%%-2147014874

The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules services terminated with the following error:
Load failed

The IPsec Policy Agent service terminated with the following error:
An invalid argument was supplied.

Also, when attempting to diagnose my computer’s connection problems using the built-in Windows troubleshooter, it tells me that the DNS server isn’t responding. I know it’s not a problem with my ISP’s DNS servers because I’m using those same servers to access the internet now on this machine. Now, if I was to uninstall Comodo these errors would go away and I would be able to access the internet again.

I really would like to be able to use Comodo Internet Security, so any help in resolving these problems would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Clear all checkboxes under Firewall-Firewall Behavior Settings-Advanced settings and let us know about result.

[attachment deleted by admin]

There was only one thing checked, Block Fragmented IP Datagrams, and unchecking it did nothing to resolve the issues.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

The only security program I’ve ever used on this install is Comodo.

Can you show us a screenshot of the Firewall logs (View Firewall Events)?

No, I have since uninstalled it and I don’t plan on reinstalling it until I find a solution for this problem. I can tell you from memory though that there was nothing unusual in the firewall log, as it was one of the things I checked when trying to fix it.