After installation, won't connect to the internet

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me out here (and that I’m not asking a very frequently asked question).

Each time I install comodo (which goes perfectly fine), and I reboot my system as indicated my computer won’t connect to the internet. In fact, it gives a message that it can’t connect to the network. When I remove the firewall, it connects just fine.

At first I thought that Sygate was interfering, so I removed it and ran CCleaner and Regseeker and rebooted, but the problem still exists.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

G’day,

If you are behind a router, you will need to define a zone (SECURITY-TASKS-ADD/REMOVE/MODIFY A ZONE) that includes all IPs (including your router) that make up your LAN) and then set that zone as trusted (TASKS-SECURITY-WIZARDS-DEFINE A TRUSTED NETWORK).

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem, and defining a zone doesn’t seem to be working. Am I doing something wrong?

No you’re not, don’t worry. ^^

Could you please post a screenshot of your Network Rules?

Here’s the screenshot:

It seems like merely having the firewall installed on my computer excludes my internet connection from working. I’m not nearly as well-versed in this sort of thing as I ought to be, but it seems like the firewall is blocking my computer’s access to my LAN, as it always claims to have “Limited or No Connectivity.” I am on a Windows XP machine, connected to an SBC 2Wire Homeportal via a Cat5 cable, and creating zones that encompass everything from 0.0.0.0 up doesn’t do anything.

You NEED to set Rule 5 to block! It opens a very bad security flaw when allowed.

I disengaged it for the purposes of testing whether or not my connectivity would come back. It did not. Is there some way I can fix things so that it does? (Incidentally, it will be engaged when I reinstall.)