ADWARE_MEMWATCHER

“ADWARE_MEMWATCHER” is detected by a free online scan, Trend Micro HouseCall 6.6, on my PC which is equipped with Windows Vista Home Basic. This “adware” is found on my C:\Windows|System32\Drivers\etc\127.0.0.1 but cannot be cleaned completely without recurrence. Surprisingly, both Ad-Aware 2007 Free and Spybot - Search and Destroy cannot detect such “adware” in accordance with their definition updates.

I appreciate it much if any technical assistance will soon be given to have this tedious"adware" removed by Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware 4.25, which has been installed on my home PC.

AChung

Hi AChung :slight_smile:

The right path is C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and that is your hosts file. Because I see you are using Spybot S&D it is most likely a false positive. See this topic on Safer Networking Forums :

I hope this will help you :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Dear Rednose

Thank you for your details.

I’ve carried out the test and it proves to be a false positive. I’m puzzled as Spybot S&D does not remedy the adverse situation.

Anyway, many thanks for your good advice.

Regards,

AChung

Hi AChung :slight_smile:

Spybot S&D can’t remedy this, it is realy a false positive of Trend Micro HouseCall 6.6 :frowning:

Greetz, Red.

Hi, Rednose

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

AChung