Adobe Acrobat trying to execute randomly named exe

Hello all. Comodo has caught Adobe Acrobat 7 Reader attempting to execute an always randomly named executable file. It appears in the Defense + Events log as “create process, execute image”. The file, as I already said, is randomly named and it will appear in my temp folder. I had an infection of the “Internet Security 2010” variety earlier this year and I wonder if this is some lingering aftereffect. I notice that this (Comodo warning) seems to happen when I open a webpage (quite innocent like thefreedictionary.com) and I wonder if some vulnerability is being exploited in the AA Reader? I’m pretty certain that I benightedly allowed the execution of this file in the past and so there may be something that is persisting in my system. I ran numerous scans after the IS 2010 infection, including a scan from my Linux partition which seemed to clean things up, but I wonder if something may still linger on my system?

Any additional information or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you please scan with the two programs give here:
https://forums.comodo.com/virusmalware-removal-assistance/what-you-need-to-know-about-removing-infections-and-securing-your-computer-t56725.0.html;msg398787#msg398787
and let me know if they find anything suspicious?

It also might help to show a screenshot of the results from Comodo Cloud Scanner.

Well, I downloaded and ran both of those programs and didn’t find anything significant. I recognized all the files that it (Comodo) spotted as dubious.

The next time it happens can you submit one of the files that Adobe is trying to execute to virustotal and post a link to the results?

I’ll do that. I’ve little doubt that these files that Adobe is attempting to execute are malicious. I took a look at one of them using a program called “Safer Networking FileAlyzer” and I noticed that the “language supported” was listed as “Russian”. Not a good sign in my estimation. However, I’m having a problem uninstalling Comodo Cloud from my computer. After I installed it, it updated itself and the desktop icon for the program disappeared, and it doesn’t want to uninstall using add/remove programs.

Comodo has caught Adobe Acrobat 7 Reader attempting to execute an always randomly named executable file.
Older adobe readers are a favorite target for malware, Why don't you uninstall the old version to the new version (Adobe reader 9.3)

You can go here to get it or the main adobe site

or

P.S. LEAVE OUT Adobe® AIR <— It’s totally unnecessary for most people, unless you really need it

The file, as I already said, is randomly named and it will appear in my temp folder
Unless you know how to remove the .tmp files manually, use Comodo System Cleaner or even ccleaner to do it automatically for you :)
I'm having a problem uninstalling Comodo Cloud from my computer
You can use "revouninstaller" to remove it, THEN UNINSTALL REVOUNINSTALLER WHEN YOUR DONE http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html
I notice that this (Comodo warning) seems to happen when I open a webpage (quite innocent like thefreedictionary.com) and I wonder if some vulnerability is being exploited in the AA Reader?
Based on what you wrote. It's propably a good sign not to go there anymore, but you propably already know that :)

Yes, thanks for that information. I had read about exploits for Adobe and I updated it to 9.3 last night. For some reason, in the past, when I would check for updates via the Acrobat program, it would never show or offer the latest version - so I’ve been using 7 for quite awhile now. When I attempted to update, last night, via Firefox all I could update was the Adobe Firefox plugin and so I went to the Adobe site via IE and updated to 9.3 from there.

I’ve noticed this pop up warning from Comodo from a couple of sites that I use on a regular basis. I’m pretty sure that it’s an exploit that’s being taken advantage of in the code of those sites. Funny thing is though I could never get it to happen twice after first being made aware of it by Comodo. Comodo seems to be a really good firewall.