Additional Protection?

Seems that BOClean catches just about everything. Do I need a firewall & antivirus programs, too?? If so, why?
Thanx

Hi Thimer,

BOC is designed to complement a conventional “antivirus” program–although in its attempt to catch every possible nasty that AVs may miss it’s very powerful. So you should choose an AV too even if you have BOC.

As for a firewall, it’s always necessary, to control inbound requests at the very least, either in your network router or in your computer–or both. Malware infection isn’t the only danger you face when you don’t prevent unauthorised access to your computer. Besides, antivirus/spyware/malware protection is ultimately just reactive and works against known threats only.

Hi thimer :slight_smile:

Japo is right : A good firewall and antivirus are the basic of every security setup. If you are new to this, and need help, just ask us and we will help you :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Yes you need an firewall form Comodo 3.0(see also www.matousec.com) Pro and an anti-virus this is the basic of security, i use Comodo Firewall, Boclean and Avira Premium(extremely good detection) and i use A-Squared Anti-Malware 3.5 with an database of more then 1.3 millions signatures and mine system stay clean i use also spywareblaster to preventing illegal active-x installing