Adding trusted hosts or IPs

First of all, I would like to say that CPF is a great product with lots of promise.

One feature that I would like to see is the ability to specify trusted hosts, IPs (range or specific).

A user may belong to a huge network and only would like to allow trusted people in that network. These trusted people can either be identified by a host name or IP address. You do not always want to give access to the entire zone.

To add to specifying trusted hosts, I have been looking for a product that would allow the IP address of the host to be looked for at the time of the request for connection rather than at the time of configuration in specifying the host.

In addition, specifying a rule for each can be quite tedious. Allowing you to categorize between trusted and internet zone for rules would also be nice.

sj177p

Hi,

Why not just make a network rule letting that IP through so it can make a connection? This rule would need to go to the top of the rule list that way the connection can get through without being interfered with by the other rules.

Hi Justin.

And when you make a rule to block an IP, you put it at the top of the rule list too ? Or am I wrong ?

Greetz, Red.