Add the functionality to reenable HIPS after a certain period of time [M945]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
I’ve disabled HIPS, no message appeared, HIPS stayed disabled.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I expect a message as for the other protection components, where I can select to disable it for a certain time, until reboot or permanently.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Actually, the HIPS is the only component I’m switching off sometimes (with some progam installations there are tons of alerts). So a possibility to automatically reenable the component is most desirable for me.
A second reason would be consistent behavior for all protection components of CIS.

5. Any other information:
No

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

HIPS does not show in the tray icon menu unless the Advanced View is selected. When Advanced View is not selected each listed component shows only two options: Enabled & Disabled. It is especially there where the proposed change makes most sense. Perhaps HIPS should be listed regardless of the view.

But HIPS is disabled by default, wouldn’t this wish make it enabled after some time for new users?

I think the idea is that if the user manually disables the HIPS they should get a popup asking them how long they want to leave it disabled for (exactly like what users currently get for the BB).

Oh, ok in that case, agreed.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As there have been 20 or more votes, and more than 75% of those votes were positive, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

BOINC, the process can be ‘snoozed’; after 60 minutes elapse it wakes up.

Disabled / snoozed HIPS should make the CIS icon appear with offset-overlay snooze alert.