Add The database release date in the file name [M999]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
CIS 7.0.315459.4132

2. What actually happened or you saw:
Definitions downloaded from this page:

just contain the full DB, which is always named bases.cav.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see the database release date to be shown in the file name.

An example could be:
“16042014_bases.exe” For the definitions database from 16Apr2014.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
This would make it easier to track which database update is most relevant, assuming there are multiple instances on the same computer.

5. Any other information:
No.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I made some changes to your first post, and added a poll. Let me know if everything seems correct.

Note that I changed it so that it is only for the database release date change. The reason is that technically the exe/extractor format would constitute a different Wish. Please create a new Wish Request Topic for that.

Thanks again.

Are the changes okay?

Yes, they are OK. :slight_smile:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

For general inquiry:

How are wishes accepted? 50%+1 votes for it? more than X votes?

I am curious about the procedure.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Please see this post for an explanation of how these user-submitted wishes are processed.

Thanks.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As it is not possible for the future votes to exceed the limit of 5 neutral or negative, I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.