Add option to manually confirm which files are sent into the cloud [M1029]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, under Advanced Settings > Security Settings > File Rating > File Rating Settings, there is an option named “Analyze unknown files in the cloud by uploading them for instant analysis” that can be checked or unchecked. This option instructs CIS to upload unknown files into the cloud without any user confirmation. If this option is enabled then every unknown/suspicious file is automatically uploaded for analysis, else if the option is not enabled then unknown/suspicious files are not sent at all. There is no way for the user to manually decide which to upload and which to not upload.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
The user should have an additional option, which will ask the user each time to confirm manually when sending unknown/suspicious files to Comodo for analysis.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This would be a good compromise between those who do not trust any company to upload files from their computer without permission and those who would like the added protection of the cloud.

4. Any other information:
This sub-option should be by default unchecked.
If the there are multiple unknown files then these could appear as a list to the user.

This sounds like a very good wish. I have edited your first post and added a poll. Please let me know if they both look correct, or if there is anything you would like changed or believe is missing.

Thank you.

It’s fine.

Thank you.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.