Add Option To Disable All Protection Modules With A Single Click [M1280]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently with CIS you cannot just disable all protection modules with a single click. You must turn each off one-by-one, which takes a while. The current modules which may all need to be switched off for some things to work are:

• antivirus
  • behaviour blocker
  • cloud analysis
  • hips
  • firewall

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
My feature request is to add a single off switch for all the protection modules. These could have options to disable for 5mins, 10mins, until restart etc…

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This is an absolutely normal feature of any antivirus. Power users (and some normal users) need the ability to turn all protection of their security program on and off easily. Working on files that get blocked by Comodo antivirus or one of its subsystems is a horrible experience and makes having the software installed stressful.

4. Any other information:
This setting should be hidden in the advanced settings, or at least put somewhere that novice users would not accidentally find it. Disabling all protection can be a very dangerous option for users who are not extremely careful.
Also, this is a wish to add this feature and not replace any options that are currently there now.

Hi and welcome on forum :slight_smile:
Nice I love this idea, you should create a wish with a poll for your wish in order to get proper attention.
+1 for your wish :-TU

i thought i posted in the right place. I find this forum confusing, a bit like the comodo dashboard, over engineered.

thanks, i will get posted in the right place and then put a link from here.

Hi,

You could try editing your first post to standard format.
https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/required-wish-format-t102338.0.html

thanks for the help and advice. I have now altered my original post so it conforms to the standards.

Let me make sure I am understanding this correctly. You would like to see the exclusions be kept separate, meaning you can exclude a file from the BB but not the AV. However, you would like to see all these options linked to from a single page in the GUI, so that it is easy to go from one component to the next and complete exclude it from all.

Am I correctly understanding this wish?

Thanks.

i have removed the second point about exclusions from my wish. It seems to be confusing things.

I want an option, preferably on the right click on the tray icon, to disable all active scanners (av/cloud analysis/hips/behaviour blocker) and any others i have not found. I want these to be all disabled by one option ie. ‘Disable All Real Time Scanners’.

This will make it like all other antivirus software. Currently when i mess with some of my software i have to spend 5 minutes just disabling comodo CIS options to allow me to run them, and then i have to spend 5 minutes re-enabling them.

I think it makes sense to temporarily disable both the realtime AV and the cloud AV with a single button. However, I think there are some very good arguments for not disabling the Firewall, HIPS, and BB at the same time. That would be undesirable for most situations.

Is your wish essentially about disabling any detection of the file (meaning from the AV or the cloud AV) while leaving the Firewall, HIPS, and BB running normally for non-detection-based protection?

Thanks.

yes, turn everything off with 1 button. Maybe the firewall does not need to be included.

If i turn scanning off, i know i have done it and will turn it back on.

HIPS and BB must be included otherwise this option is just as pointless.

I want to turn them all off so i can mess with files that get flagged without having to turn all these different options off. Afterwards i can then restore them to their previous state (ie on)

please also consider that this is an option for power-users, not for the average user.

thanks

At the moment the BB, HIPS, Firewall, and Antivirus can easily be disabled by right-clicking on the CIS icon. However, the cloud scanner is hidden. Thus, I can certainly see the benefit of making it easy to disable the cloud scanner as well.

However, I feel that a single button which would disable not only detection (meaning AV and cloud AV) but also prevention (meaning Behavioral Blocker and HIPS) is probably very dangerous.

Would you consider an option which disabled both the AV and cloud AV? I suppose I’m not fully understanding why it’s necessary to also disable the Defense+ components with the same option, seeing as they can easily be disabled through the icon already.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Thank you.

@chiron

I think our minds are not meeting. Yes i know it is dangerous to turn the scanners off, turning any of the stuff off is not advised.

some things that come to mind that require me to turn all of the realtime scanners off: xampp, combofix, software patches of all various types that cause false positive that you know are not virus, programs that inject shell hooks etc… that comodo sees as dangerous, running custom code for software development.

combofix requires the av turned off, and then i have to go and turn all of the other scanners off.

Each types of these programs can trigger one or many of the different scanners, i just want to turn them all off to run the software and then turn them back on when i am done without having to worry about lots of prompt boxes etc…

All antivirus software offers this option, except comodo. Sometimes people need to just turn the antivrus off (realtime scanners)

i hope this helps a little, but just turning AV and cloud analysis of is pointless and does not achieve my goals of turning all of the scanners off.

Okay, now I think I understand. I modified the title, and the first post. Please let me know what you think of it as it is now.

Thanks.

the title is perfect…

do i need to do anything else like add a poll to get this added?

I have just added the poll. Please let me know if it, and everything else seems correct. If it is then I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thank you.

everything seem good, i noticed the amendments in my first post to make things clearer.

I appreciate the time you have spent helping me out.

shoulders

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

i would also like to add, that this is a wish to add this feature and not replace any options that are there now. this will complement already present features.

Thanks for the clarification. I added that information to the first post.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

Thanks to comodo and Chiron for listening to the end-user.