Add Option To Automatically Reset Sandbox When Closing Kiosk [M866]

1. What actually happened or you saw
Currently when set to fully virtualize - any unknown application is automatically sandboxed, which we all know.

2. What you wanted to happen or see
I propose an option during the popup to immediately erase or flush the sandbox.

3. Why you think it is desirable
Currently the only way to reset the sandbox is either reboot or to open up the GUI and resetting from there.

4. Any other information
NA

I agree with the tray icon option. (no longer on-topic)

I’d also just like to point out that rebooting does not reset the sandbox, all the data is still there in C:\VTRoot\ … Or at least it shouldn’t reset the sandbox, if it does then it’s most likely a bug.

it will be good if we will see this option in the tray icon :-TU

Each report can only be for a single wish. Thus, would you like this one to be for the automatic reset wish? If you like you could then create another report with your other idea.

Thanks.

I like the idea of the sandbox auto deleting. That would remove any malware without the user needing to remember to clean the sandbox.

I edited the first post such that the wish is only to add an option to Automatically Reset Sandbox When Closing The Kiosk. If you would also like a wish submitted for another variation please create a new topic.

Thank you for putting this in the correct format. It has now been added to the tracker.

Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the consideration, i would also support the option to auto reset the sandbox. Regards.

As this was not implemented during the Beta testing period I will move this Wish Request to the main Wish Board.

Please check and see if this is implemented with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? You can just respond to this topic letting me know if it has been implemented or not.

Thank you.

While I would use this, I also think there should be an option that people could select that would tell CIS to pop up a dialog asking person if they want to reset, then person could choose to reset or leave data in sandbox. So there could be three options, 1) Do not reset (Default) , 2) Prompt asking if want to reset, 3) Automatically reset, these options would satisfy all users needs :slight_smile:

I agree with having the 3 options AimeeLW posted above. :-TU

For that reason I have voted maybe.

I’m Dch48 and I approve this request.