Add Keystroke Encryption [M1271]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently users with the HIPS enabled will just receive a popup informing them that the application is requesting access to the keyboard. Users running with the Auto-Sandbox enabled, and HIPS disabled, will not receive this. The action will either just be allowed, or blocked, depending on their selection of sandbox level.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see CIS add keystroke encryption, such as is found in Zemana Anti Logger. More about this can be read here:
http://www.zemana.com/product/antilogger-free/overview/

3. Why you think it is desirable:
If this were enabled, even if the user accidentally set Allow access to the keyboard for a keylogger, they would still be protected. The same is true for users who may not have their Auto-Sandbox level set to a high enough level.
The keystroke encryption just wouldn’t allow any other application to view your keystrokes. Only the program where you write would be able to view yours keystrokes :smiley:

4. Any other information:
You can see how Zemana Anti Logger works by viewing the video here:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request.

You will currently receive a popup when it attempts to access the keyboard if you have the HIPS enabled. However, for those who have this disabled, whether they receive a popup or not is dependent on the level which they have their Auto-Sandbox set to. Thus, this may be even more useful for those who are otherwise vulnerable.

Also, I hope you don’t mind, but I edited your poll. Does the wording look okay to you?

Yes it’s okay :slight_smile:

ThePierrezou, you should elaborate on your wish since users that do not use Zemana Anti Logger might find it ambiguous.
(possibly a link?)

Thank you.

Actually, now that qmarius brings it up, elaborating in your first post would probably be very helpful. I understand what you mean, but those unfamiliar with keystroke encryption may find this Wish difficult to understand, and therefore difficult to vote for.

Thanks.

I have added a few informations in the 1rst post ^^
You can watch here how zemana work :

Comodo should have the know-how of how to do this as well, judging by the fact that it seems to be (at least partially) a feature in Comodo SecureBox.

[b]Keylogger Protection:[/b] Using keyboard virtualization technology, Comodo SecureBox intercepts keystrokes from the keyboard filter driver and encrypts the information, sending it directly to the target window in a customized message. This process bypasses the entire Windows® input subsystem, ensuring that nothing can capture SecureBox-protected keystrokes.

Although the above sounds like it may just be enabled for things running in SecureBox which I assume is a sandbox, I’d rather see this wish employ the encryption system wide like Zemana AntiLogger does.

ThePierrezou, I have edited your first post. Does everything seem correct?

My english is bad sorry :frowning:

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.