Add file to trusted file list directly from HIPS or Firewall alert [M1478]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently the user has to manually go in to the advanced settings to move files to the trusted files list. Currently with the auto-sandbox this is already possible by selecting “Don’t isolate it again”.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
HIPS and firewall alerts should have the option to add the file to the trusted files list.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This will allow the user to easily add files to the trusted files list without having to manually do it in the advanced settings (or through the “Unrecognized Files” shortcut in main window advanced view). This will also avoid rule cluttering for trusted files.

4. Any other information:
This could be tremendous improvement for HIPS only users.

Please use the required format.

So are you saying that you want on option on the HIPS alert to add the file to the trusted files list?

Yes, exactly.

I have made some changes to clarify this wish. Does everything look correct?

Yes (added: advanced view unrecognized files shortcut).

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again

This will make it very complex.

Firewall use “file list” only when set in “safe mode”. In other modes firewall do not consult File List. Then there is no need of option to add file to trusted list.

Similar situation in HIPS.

It would be better if File list generates its own alert when “Unrecognized files” are encountered. In that alert there would be option to Rate the file as “trusted” or “malicious”

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.