Add "File is recognized as trusted" popup

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, there is only “File wasn’t recognized and was sandboxed as…” info popup.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I’d like to see “File is recognized as trusted” info popup as well.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This will make clear to the users that CIS file reputation system works both ways. And this can alert the user if program is run without being added to either list…witch sometimes happen I think.

4. Any other information:
Can be made optional and disabled by default.

If it will be optional it will be good :slight_smile: YOu shoul add a poll for this wish.
+1

Chiron should approve this wish and add a poll. I think that’s how it works.

I am not aware of times where a file is trusted but not added to the Trusted Files list. Can you please provide me with a link to where you read that, or more information about your own experiences with it?

Other than that, let me play devils advocate. Currently the user receives a popup if the file is found to be dangerous, or suspicious.
They also receive a popup if the file is found to be unknown.

Therefore, can’t the user assume that no popup means it was found to be trusted?
If a popup was issued for each safe file I worry that the user would be inundated in popups.

Can you please provide more details as to why you think this would be useful, in light of what I mentioned above?

Thank you.

Well, yes, normally I’d agree with you, but the reason why I created this wish is in this topic.

https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/some-programs-appear-to-run-without-being-in-either-list-t105176.0.html

It’s not that trusted files aren’t adding in trusted list, it’s that some of them appear to launch without being added to either list.

Maybe it’s a bug or a glich, but I just un-installed and re-installed CIS this morning, and I just noticed that. And diagnostics are telling that there is a problem, but it can’t fix it… but that was the case since V7 release, and I think there are bug reports about that already.

I am not aware of a bug report for that. I also just skimmed them quickly and did not see one.

Let me ask this question. Assuming all files which are trusted are added to the Trusted Files List (which I believe is the intended behavior) do you believe that this wish would be necessary?

Thanks.

Well, no. Assuming all trusted files go to trusted list (all the time), then this wish isn’t really needed. But it’s not currently the case for me.

In that case I think the best way to go about this is to close this Wish Request. I will then ask that you create a formatted bug report for the issue of files not being added to the Trusted Files List. That way it can be forwarded right away to the devs.

I will therefore move this Wish Request to Rejected, as this seems more like a bug than a wish. Please do create the bug report.

Thank you.