Add COM class under COM group does not work.
A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes, always
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: Advanced Settings → Security Settings → Defense+ → HIPS → Protected Objects → COM Interfaces → Groups, right click on any item under a group, add → COM Class, the add window does not show up.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: The COM add window should show up.
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: NO conflict.
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: NO
- Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: The items in groups of Protected Files, Registry Keys does not have this issue; right click on any name of COM group also does not have this issue.
Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware): Attached
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: CIS 6.2.282872.2847, Proactive configuration
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: AV Stateful, HIPS Enable Safe Mode, BB Paritially limited, Firewall Safe Mode
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): NO
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: NO
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: NO
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: NO
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: Windows 8 32-bit, UAC enable, Administrator, NO V.Machine.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: NO
[attachment deleted by admin]