Add boot-time scan to CIS

1. What actually happened or you saw:
CIS currently has no option to perform a boot-time scan through the CIS scanner.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see an option to perform a Boot-Time scan added to the CIS scanner.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Boot-time scan is already being used by other AV’s. Theoretically, it can find, remove and clean threats before they can access memory and create memory processes. Don’t know if this is true and if it really works. You are the experts :wink:
As a virus/malware software removal tool, I think it should give it’s users all the options to help them clean their machines.

4. Any other information:
I was going to suggest adding boot-time scan to CCE, but another user already suggested it
https://forums.comodo.com/verified-wish-reports-cis/add-boottime-scan-to-cce-m1138-t105640.0.html
Although other AV’s have this option, it’s not a pretty one lol. It’s basically like looking into a MSdos type of window. If you choose to create such scan, you could spice it up with a few graphics and give the option to the user to select what he would want to do to the reported files before the system completely boots.
For example Avast has a boot-time scan option, but it completes the scan and let’s the system continue the booting process. You could add the option to “Quarantine”, “Delete”, “Add to trusted” after the scan is completed. And allow rebooting and scan again to remove any traces of the malware previously found.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I made a few changes to your first post (really just moving a few pieces around). Does everything in the first post look correct?

Also, I added a poll. Does the wording of the poll look correct as well?

Thanks again.

Hi, thanks! It’s ok. Sorry, english is not my native language, and although I understand it, I still make mistakes while writing. lolol.

But yes, it’s fine! Thanks for changing it.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

voted no becuase CIS is for prevention not cleaning. CCE should have this option not CIS

Agreed. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your point of view.

But CIS has an antivirus/malware scan built-in it, right? So it’s mainly for prevention, but the antivirus function is for what? Informing that you have an infection and have to run CCE???
CCE is a tool for an already infected system that a common antivirus can’t clean. The antivirus in CIS is to prevent and clean infections. Otherwise, you should only use Comodo Firewall with HIPS and Behavior Blocker for prevention.
As I said on the original topic, “As a virus/malware software removal tool, I think it should give it’s users all the options to help them clean their machines”.

For example: Killswitch is not part of CIS, however it can be downloaded and integrated in CIS as an “option”.
I bieleve that giving a boot-time scan option to CIS (not a downloadable option, but part of the original installation) could help the average user to clean his machine from the most common threats.
For example, the various pc hijacking malware that asks you to pay to unblock your computer. The average user doesn’t know how to get rid of it. This option could clean it without using CEE. And if the problem persisted, then CCE could be the next step. Remmember that CCE, although visually friendly, can do more harm than good if the user doesn’t know what he’s doing, like most malware removal tools.

Also, CAV can be installed as a stand-alone too. So although CIS is for prevention, CAV isn’t. It’s an antivirus, and as an antivirus, it should have this option. ;D

Does CAV still allow you to download CCE? I ask because I haven’t used it and therefore don’t know for sure.

Thanks.

To be honest, I don’t know. But I never seen that option.

Also voted no since Comodo has Default Deny.

I’m sorry, but at this time it is no longer possible for this wish to receive the necessary 15 points. Thus, I am forced to move this Wish Request to Rejected.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.