Add Apply and Refresh Button To Rules In Advanced Settings Window [M1119]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
There is no apply or refresh button in the advance setting window.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Add an Apply And Refresh button to the advance settings window.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
This would be very helpful for any situations in which you want to test out how well your rule works. If this was added you could just click Apply and Refresh, and test the program without having to leave the rules window.
However, without it you are forced to completely close the window, test it, and, as is often the case, click multiple buttons just to get back to the rules window. If there was an Allow And Refresh button it would greatly simplify the creation of rules for both the HIPS and Firewall components.

4. Any other information:
None

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I do understand why it would be helpful to be able to refresh the rules while working on one (for situations in which selecting remember my answer to an alert you answered when working on another rule may apply). However, I do not understand why you would have a reason to remember the rule without closing the window. By this I am referring to the first of the two reasons you gave for it to be desirable.

I believe I am missing the rationale, and you can explain it, as to why you couldn’t just finish making all the rules you wanted to make before selecting OK. Why is it necessary to select OK after each rule? I’m just trying to fully flesh out the rationale.

Thank you.

I can’t speak for vefo but one reason I’d like to see an “Apply” button is that I have Thunderbird set up to be sandboxed, so each time it needs to update or each time I want to make any changes to the settings I have to go into the CIS advanced settings (type in password), remove thunderbird from the list, click OK, do the setting changes or update, go back into the advanced settings (type in password), add thunderbird again, click OK. … Fine once or twice that is fine but when you do it more often it becomes annoying extra useless steps that are infuriating.

For Firewall & HIPS you might want to test a wide range of different settings, opening and closing the Advanced Settings window for that is just impractical, and you may want to test the actual effects of different rules for something, then again having to close and re-open the settings window for each of these rules… it just doesn’t make sense.

Sanya, thank you for the clarification.

vefo, I have updated the first post. Please look it over and let me know if everything looks correct to you.

Thank you.

Yes, everything is correct.

Thank you Litvyak too.

Thank you. I have just added a poll. Please let me know if everything looks correct.

PM reminder sent.

I would rather not forward a Wish Request to the Waiting Area unless I am sure that it correctly represents what vefo wanted. Thus, I will move this Wish Request to the Rejected section.

However, vefo, as soon as you reply and let me know that everything is correct I can move this to the Waiting Area. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Funny! After yelling on this missing feature, I came here to visit this forum and place my feature request.

Then I discovered on this feture request.

Chrion, why would you want to ask your questions to every user on every wish? I fail to understand why you would want to pump mind blowing energies to make a user speak more than he decided to put it here?

I would have become very upset, had you asked me those questions you did to the poster of this message.

Apply button is a must and I do not understand a rationale of why one should not have.

The fact that this feature is placed as a request shows how irresponsible programmers of Comodo are. What a shame to make such a request of a fundamental programming need that every user could use and is a must!

What you are witnessing is wish processing in action. Bug and wish reporting are very structured these days to help Comodo QA and devs. The used formats are reported by Comodo to be helpful to process them more efficiently. You have been through bug reporting which has a more extensive format.

I would not call it irresponsible it is not there but it is surely missing.

What I do not appreciate is your derogatory tone and general combative attitude. You have provided Comodo with several format verified bug reports but we could do without the mentioned false notes.

+1 Eric :relaxed::slight_smile:

Slightly belated vote. :-TU

I think adding an Apply button would be very appreciated :-TU

+1

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.