Add ability to opt-in by email in order to receive report of submitted fl [M749]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, users can submit suspicious files or false-positives through CIS. However, they receive no feedback from COMODO.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
There should be an option, for example next to “Submit as False-Positive”, that would allow the user to receive a report by email.

Users should receive two e-mails :
i. confirmation (under analysis, known clean, known malware);
ii. verdict.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Users can keep track of submitted files.

4. Any other information:
The report should contain : file id, name, size, hash, detection name/result, activity, etc.
If multiple files are sent then these should appear as a list in one email.
Users that supplied email address should have higher priority.

Thank you for creating this Wish Request. I have a few questions.

The first is why it is necessary to receive a report confirming it is Under analysis, known clean, or known malware. Unless I’m mistaken this is already done through CIS. The file status (known clean, unknown, or known malware) would have already been shown through CIS. Then, the confirmation of receipt is shown on the window which submits it. If there was a problem it will display an error message. Thus, I’m not sure I understand this confirmation email.

The second question I have is related to the underlying Comodo infrastructure for files submitted through CIS. The problem is that these files are not given high priority. Thus, the verdict may take months to show up. Thus, I’m not sure how helpful it would be for most users to get emails for that. A better option may be to alert users to the fact that there are ways to submit files which have a much higher turnaround time.

What do you think?

Thanks.

If you submit a file and the file was submitted you will get “Already submitted”. That and/or the error message.
There is no rating functionality.
Plus, these ‘known files’ have auto-verdict and are not considered by analysts.

You are absolutely right. COMODO should take initiative into this important problem.
There are vendors (e.g. avira, symantec) which have similar system and it works perfectly - in the context that file verdicts are always sent in time.

Users that opt-in should have higher priority.
And those methods should not be taken as “alternatives”. These should be integrated in CIS. Same priority as web submission.

Thank you.

The ‘known files’ would be considered in the case it was a False Positive. I also believe that a file submitted as Suspicious would be analyzed even if the current rating was Known Safe. Thus, I suppose including this would be helpful, but I am still of the opinion that the user would have this information before submitting it.

Agreed. However, as there is nothing we can do about the backend let’s concentrate on the added functionality in CIS.

In that case it seems that another important part of your wish is that users who are willing to supply an email address should be given a higher priority than those users who don’t. That makes sense to me. Please edit your first post to make this clear.

Thanks.

Added.

Thank you. I have added a poll as well. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I’ve edited a bit as those details should be considered by COMODO.

Okay, I also made some small edits to the first post. I didn’t think it was necessary to require that the email address be submitted during installation. Does everything now seem correct to you?

Yes. Spot on.

Thank you again as always for your help.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Argument somewhat against what you said is that this should have already be implemented for the web interface. Improving the web interface “system” will automatically leave/offer that architecture/base/foundation for CIS.

I’m sorry, but as it has been 6 months since the Wish Request has been submitted, and it has not received the required 15 points, I am forced to move this Wish Request to Rejected. I hope you understand.

Please note that if you wish you are allowed to create a new Wish Request for this same wish as long as you wait at least 1 month since the time it was moved to Rejected. This only applies to Wish Requests which were moved to Rejected because they sat in the Waiting Area for 6 months without receiving the necessary 15 points, and were moved to Rejected only for that reason.

Thank you.