Add Ability To Filter IP Range For Firewall Logs [M1059]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
When applying filter(s) on firewall logs, you can’t specify IP range, only exact IP.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I want to be able to use IP ranges when creating filter(s) for firewall logs.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Firewall logs and filtering will be more flexible.

5. Any other information:
Example:
If you log “block all” global rule and later (say, few days later) in the firewall logs you want to see if there were any connections attempts from specific IP range \ network, you can’t do so currently…not in easy way anyway.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have edited the title and added a poll. Please look it over and let me know what you think.

If everything seems okay I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

Yeah, looks good.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now reset the poll and moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Hello,

This wish was part of my wish listed here:

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/ip-connection-browser-to-control-inboundoutbound-connections-and-manage-later-t105567.0.html

Look at Google, how many IPs they have. I have identified atlest 26 of them.

Only after a while, as a new user, I understood how powerful is Comodo Security and at the same time wanting to have features.

It took time to identify where all the blocks were hiding. Then I had to manually change one ip to a range of IPs.

Infact, this wish is also not a choice BUT A MUST. I vote.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.