Add ability to control 'Comodo Secure DNS' from GUI [M1477]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Upon installation, you are given the choice to switch to ‘Comodo Secure DNS’. However, you do not have the choice to disable/enable ‘Comodo Secure DNS’ after installation, from the graphical user interface.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
There should be an option that would allow the user to take control of ‘Comodo Secure DNS’.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Currently, you cannot enable/disable and view status of ‘Comodo Secure DNS’ without a manual intervention.
This could aid the inexperienced user to switch to a more secure experience without any efforts. Also, users that accidentaly enabled this feature might prefer to disable it.
Additionally, if this is implemented, the user would be presented with a later choice, an alternative to current DNS provider.

4. Any other information:
This option should be seriously documented with information such as performance, security impact, etc.
It should be disabled by default.

I’d say this is more of a wish for CIS, probably nothing will change unless it’s added as a wish and voted for.

Okay hopefully a moderator will move it then.

Is there some specific secure DNS support in CIS? Is it part of the Firewall product? I’ve heard of secure DNS and have some idea how it works, but have never looked into actually using it. I’m sure it’s a very good idea - everything relies on DNS.

Cis does install with secure dns but you cannot controll ist from cis

In order to further process your wish request you have to use the required format.

Thank you.

As there has been no reply, I will move this report to “Added/Rejected Wishes” section.

Thank you.

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Secure dns is installed but there is no obvious way to manage it.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I suggest to add a secure dns menu to the internet security options and give the user full controll of activating, deactivating secure dns and to create exceptions.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Because there is no way to manage secure dns right now.

4. Any other information:
no

I’ve made some edits to your wish request (taken over first post). Do these modifications reflect your wish request ?

partly it is how i intendet.
it should be possible to disable and uninstall securedns, aswell the exceptions for allowed sites should be controllable from cis

OK it is OK to be voted on now I think - uninstall = deactivate in this case as all that happens is that IPs get added to your IPv4 config in your network connection definition.

But that means there is an alternative way of handling this via Windows, albeit not a convenient one.

Needs a poll.

Done thanks, Sanya

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.