Add Ability For HIPS Alerts To Require Only One Click [M523]

Thank you for allowing us to post Wishes. This has been bugging me since version 6 and the problem just got worse in version 8.

1. What actually happened or you saw:

Instead of an easy to click on ONE SINGLE block option like version 5 had, a new window opens from which we are unnecessarily forced to choose between three options:
Block Only
Block and Terminate
Block, Terminate and Reverse

2. What you wanted to happen or see:

An option - just an option - to set up the program to be like version 5: ONE SINGLE WINDOW popup with just BLOCK or ALLOW option - and a choice for other. So the window pops up and you click on BLOCK and that’s it - no secondary window with three extra choices.
Secondary window should pop ONLY if we select other - not as a mandatory repeated forced choice between three options of which two are unnecessary 9.9/10 times for some of us.

3. Why you think it is desirable:

It should be an option, just an option, to set up the program this way for those of us only wishing to use the program to simply block or allow an app to phone home and nothing else.

4. Any other information:

Please make version 5.12 compatible with Windows 8.1 so we can finally upgrade from Windows 8.0. We can’t do that now because 5.12 only works on 8.0 and not 8.1 and it is the only Comodo Firewall version with a single window, single click BLOCK option, which is the only purpose for installing the program for some of us.

We don’t want to be asked to choose between Block Only and Block and Terminate and Block, Terminate and Reverse - just block the app with a single click, the way it was in version 5. Updating version 5 to work under Windows 8.1 or giving us an option, just an option, for a single window single large BLOCK button in version 8 would resolve this. Not multiple windows, not multiple options, not requiring time to figure out and guide the mouse, not making sure you don’t press the wrong button out of multiple buttons next to each other, every time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Normally, for a Wish Request of this sort it would be necessary to go through the voting process in this section. However, a similar Wish has already been submitted through the Star Group into the tracker. Therefore, I will tag this as related to that and move this to the Verified section.

Thank you.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

Personally I would love to have an alert window with lots of small one-click buttons on it. But I find a small problem with all these popup windows. In my opinion the alerts appear way too fast and suddenly, so for example what happens if I just happen to be clicking in that area of the screen when an alert appears and accidentally click one of the buttons? Not only I wouldn’t know what I just clicked, I would have to go through the logs and stuff to find out and fix it. With multi-click buttons you can at least go back and correct your choice, if you’ve accidentally clicked the wrong button.

I love the idea of having many single-click buttons, but please do something about the sudden alert popups to prevent users from accidentally clicking one of the buttons. Perhaps a “cooldown” timer where the buttons become enabled after like 500 milliseconds since the alert appeared?