Add A Reputation System Into CIS Based On The Opinion Of Other Users [M1019]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently users are presented with some information about the application in the popup alerts. However, there is no information about what decisions other users have made.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see a reputation system be implemented into these popups based on the opinion of its users. It could tell you how many thought it was safe and how many thought it should be blocked.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
CIS has a good base of advanced users. Thus, I believe that the addition of this feature to the CIS would be very helpful when users have to make a decision about unknown files. The more information the user has the better.

5. Any other information:
This used to be included in CIS. It was called Threatcast.

CIS used to have a component just like that. It was called ThreatCast. However, it was removed a long time ago and never returned. I think a wish for its return would be very welcome.

Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. If you have any questions about how to do that please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

By looking at the localization files it looks like threatcast might be making a come back

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-cis-7x-localizations-incl-cceksautoruns-t51090.0.html;msg756140#msg756140

I hadn’t seen that. Regardless, I think it’s still worth putting in a formal wish request, just in case. :wink:

i agree. just wanted to give you guys the info :smiley:

Guys, my English is not good. It would be better if one of you did the topic, even more because you are privy to the matter in my view. What do you think?

I gave it a shot. Please look over the first post, and the title, and let me know if everything looks correct.

Thank you! I think it’s good!
What do you think of integration also Threatcast in the cascade of windows explorer, so users could see menu and also check the reputation of the files also before opening them?

I have now added a poll as well. Please let me know if that seems correct as well.

I think that my first priority would be to get Threatcast integrated. However, if it is added back in I think that something similar to that would be a good addition. If Threatcast is added to CIS please do come back and submit this additional Wish Request.

Thanks.

Thanks Chiron!

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Please note that such a system is fallible. I suggest a system where only/more significant actions are considered such as “Trust this application”, etc.
E.g. Users might open a file by accident and will most likely close it using CIS.

I believe that developers will think me such a look. Will likely have the option of not sending. I do not remember well but apparently this option once existed. And if we do not take request improvements.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.