am new to the forum and would like to ask some advice from the members.
btw, it is great that there is such a forum to help users.
is there any known or experienced conflicts between COMODO and activesync 4.5?
i can’t sync my Pocket Pc with my home computer which uses comodo, whilst i can do so in the office which has no comodo installation, the office uses Sonic as its firewall.
thanks for any feedback or advice you can give.
You will need to make a zone that caters for the 169.254.X.X address that your Pocket PC gets when it connects. To do this, you first need to identify what address is being allocated to your PDA. Please read through the following steps. It may look intimidating, but take your time and you should be right.
- Open CFP and set it to “Allow All”
- Connect your Pocket PC and wait until it has connected
- Click START - RUN and type “cmd” and press ENTER"
- In the DOS-style window that opens, type “ipconfig /all” and press ENTER
- This will display the connection info for your network adaptors
- Find the section that relates to your Pocket PC and make a note of its IP address
6a. It should be something like 169.254.1.1 or 169.254.2.2
6b. Disconnect your Pocket PC
- Set the firewall back to “Custom”
- Open CFP and click SECURITY - TASKS
- Click ADD/REMOVE/MODIFY A ZONE and select ADD
- Give the zone a meaningful name (like “Sync”" or “PDA”)
- Set the start and end address to 169.254.X.0 and 169.254.X.255 (X= the third number in your PDA’s IP address, as noted in step 6 - 6a)
- Complete the zone setup
- Still in SECURITY - TASKS, click “Add a trusted network”
- Select the zone name we defined in step 10
- Complete the trusted network wizard
- Check in SECURITY - NETWORK MONITOR - you should have two new rules at the top of the list that relate to our new zone
- Wait a couple of minutes and reconnect your PDA
- ActiveSync should now connect without a problem.
In lieu of step 17, you can reboot to ensure that the new rules have been read and are active.
It may look daunting, 18 steps, but once you’re familiar with the process, you will be able to add a zone and set it as trusted in about one minute.
Hope this helps,
thanks for the response, i shall try it out later and see if this sorts out my worries.